Part 43

GLENN'S P.O.V
I sat there in shock. "Why would you ever say something like that?" I asked, tears rimming my eyes. "Cause I'm right..." She looked me in the eye as a tear fell down her cheek.

She swung her body to the side, grabbing for Beth's first aid kit. She grabbed a pair of scissors on the top of the box. She wrapped her hand around them quickly, thrusting it towards her, trying to plunge it into her stomach. I frantically grabbed her wrist stopping from doing any harm.
"Shh...stop..." I whispered, sliding the pair of scissors out her grasp.

She nodded slowly, her hand limply falling to the side of the bed. She looked up at me as I put the weapon on the shelf.
"You are going to be fine..." I whispered, reassuringly.
I leaned down and kissed her, gently. She gave me a weak smile.

"I love you, Maggie..."
"I love you, too..."
She turned around, laying her head in the pillow, falling asleep.

ROSE'S P.O.V
Carl sat me next to Daryl. I had never talked to him before, but I guess now's the chance.
"Hello..." I whispered.
"Hi..?"
"Rose. And you are Daryl?"
"Yeah...wait?"
"Carl told me." I said, lying.
He slowly nodded.
"Well, you seem like a nice girl!"
"Thank you."
"What weapon do you use?"
"I use a spear with glass in it and it's wrapped in barbed wire..."
"I see? Well, I use a crossbow."
"That's fascinating...I've never used one."
"Really? I can show you!"
He stood up off the couch, taking my hand, and leading me into another room. He held up a large weapon. He handed it to me,"Now, it's very heavy!" I took it with ease, examining it with one hand.

"That's really cool! How do you shoot it?"
He came up behind me, pointing it at the wall. It was a baby blue wall covered with drawing of animals. He rested his hand over mine, putting my finger on the trigger.

"Now, you put your finger right here..." He showed me were to place my hands. He smiled at me as I smiled back.
"You're doing great! Okay, just like that!" He backed away looking at what he and I had accomplished.
"Thanks for teaching me!" I put down the weapon, running over to him, and giving him a tight embrace. "No problem..."