Part 66

ELIZABETH'S P.O.V
Carl was gone. He's depressed. I can always tell with him.

"Well, why are you just standing there?" Ordered Beth, pointing at the wall of trees.
"How do we know he went that way?" Rick asked.
She scanned the highway. "If he went any other way, we would be able to see him. It's a long road..."

Rick nodded in agreement. "Ok...I'll go find him...You all find shelter..."

Rick started walking towards the woods, but I stopped him. "Wait...I wanna come..." I looked back at the group who gave a slight gesture towards him. I jogged up beside him and we entered the darkness of the towering trees.

CARL'S P.O.V
One bite. That's all it takes.

I huddled into a ball, leaning against the tree. I just sobbed into my knees, whispering my last words.

"I love you, Mom, Dad...The group meant a lot to me...everyone did...Rose did...Paige did...Elizabeth...everyone...but, this is what I deserve. Promise me, you'll take care of everyone. Get them through this..."

The growls multiplied till I could feel their presence right over me. The moans were strong, loud. Then, it all went silent. The world was silent. Only the dark filled my vision. A heavy object fell on top of me. I knew what it was. It was my time...