Part 49

PAIGE'S P.O.V
The world was spinning, almost unrealistic. Just in slow motion.

A figure slowly started appearing into my peripheral vision. He looked as if he was running, but his steps were very laggy. The trails of his figure multiplied behind him. His eyes gleamed into mine. They were blurry blue circles. His mouth slowly spit out words,"Whaaaat huuuuuurrts tthhheeeee mooooooossssttt? Yoooouuuuuurrr sttttooooommmaaaacccchhhh? Eeeeyyyyyeeeeeesss?" My head drooped as I shook it back and forth which felt like it took an hour just to do. I slowly pointed at my leg which she had kicked. I told him what she had done. Then, the area around me slowly faded to a still darkness.

MAGGIE'S P.O.V
My eyes fluttered open as I scooted myself between the bedsheets. I reached my arm over to where Glenn was sitting, but nobody was there.

I was alone. One of the biggest fears I ever had. Being alone... I tried to call for someone, but only raspy breaths came out. I'm dehydrated. Joy.

I sat up on my bed, and swung my legs over to one side. I could feel my body twitching, my eyes watering. I've already lost somebody I love...My own father..., but what if it is only me now? What if this was all just a dream? Please say this was all a dream...

I slowly pulled my arm in front of me. There was only an arm, a bloody gauze covering a wound. I slouched over and tried to hoist myself up off the bed. My legs wobbled and I fell to the ground, my habits of trying to stop myself before hitting the ground coming to action.

My arms shot out in front me, then I noticed my severed spot. My eyes went wide as I hit the ground, my useful arm trying to stop me, but making me fall to my side, landing right on top of my wound. I screamed loud as the pain shot up my arm with a loud crack.

My brown hair stuck to my face as the tears fell. I scooted myself across the floor to the door which was closed. I reached up as far as possible, yanking the handle to the side as the door swung open, hitting my side. I grunted as I kept making my way to the door. I went for the next door handle with led outside. I could hear the cries, screams, and some calming voices from the area where I wished to be heading. With all my might, I yanked the door open, sitting on the stairs, and standing up while holding my injured arm. Everyone turned towards me in shock.

I saw Beth and Daryl standing beside each other. Beth was closer to me. Glenn was on the other side, standing beside Rick and a motionless Grace. Paige was rested against the tree with Carl holding her. She looked horrible, gruesome. I saw something standing by a window in the house across from us. They weren't watching, they were aiming. Not at me, not at Daryl. This person was aiming at Paige.