Part 19

PAIGE'S P.O.V
I was frailly laying in Aaron's arms. He looked down at me and smiled as my eyes fluttered open. I didn't want to be there, I wanted to be with Carl. I turned my head towards Carl. He was laying on the ground, crying into the dirt. "What happened to him?..." I whispered. Carl's head rose up from the ground, his face smeared with dirt, tear stained eyes. "Tris found our group and my dad was hurt. Michonne stabbed her, and Beth and Maggie were there with them. No Glenn..." He muttered.

I was in shock. "W-what? What happened to Glenn?!?" I asked. Tears streamed from Carl's eyes. "I-I don't know..." His lip quivered. "Well, we need to do something!" I raised my voice. "I KNOW THAT, PAIGE!" He yelled. I felt offended. "I'm sorry..." He sobbed,"I just can't imagine what they are going through right now, I don't want you to go through anything like that...I just don't know..." I looked at him solemnly. "Carl..." He interrupted me,"Please...we just have to get going..." He looked back down at the ground, his tears falling on the dusty dirt. "They are most likely all dead." Tris announced.

CARL'S P.O.V
My sadness turned to anger as I glared at Tris, leaning against the tree. "Why would you say that?" I said in a deep tone. "Well, the probability is high." She added. I lunged at her, wrapping my hands around her neck. She gasped for breath as I thrusted and put full force around her throat. "Why would you ever say that?" I whispered. Tris tried to shake her head, but I had her pushed up against the tree. Her pupils were dilated, eyes bloodshot. Her face was red, lips blue. "CARL, STOP!" Paige yelled in a distant, muffled background that only the people outside the world I was in could hear. I felt someone shaking me, hitting me from behind, but I didn't care. I just kept holding Tris, my grasp getting tighter. Her eyes focused on mine, a tear rolling down her cheek. Her head gradually fell droopy as she went motionless.

I let go of her, terrified. What had I done?... Paige and Aaron were behind me, petrified. I entered back into the world where I could hear all my surroundings. "Carl...you killed her..." Paige muttered.

GLENN'S P.O.V
I sat by a freshly made fire. My group had left me behind. I saw the sun setting as the night started peering over the skyline. I didn't dare to look up from the ground. "When will be able to see them?..." I asked with a sob. I heard a deep breath. "If they find you, might be a while, Terminus is quite far..."