Part 72

CARL'S P.O.V
"She hates you...she hates you...they hate you...get over it...get over her..." I whispered to myself. The tears just kept coming. My body was going to run out of water soon.

Vincent walked into my cell and hopped beside me.

"Hey, who's that Paige girl?"

I sat there, quietly. Then I sighed. "You know...another group member..." I sniffled.

"Cool, she seems nice..."

"Yeah...seems..." I mumbled under my breath.

"What'd you say?" He asked me with a smile.

"Oh, I said she is nice..." I lied.

"Maybe we could all hang out together sometime!" He said patting my back and jumping off the bunk. I hung my head low. I didn't want to eat breakfast. I don't think I could handle seeing her right now.

Then, I heard more footsteps running up the stairs. I looked over to see Elizabeth standing in the doorway. She say my teary, puffy eyes.

"Hey, what's wrong?" She asked.

I hopped from the top bunk and walked over beside her, hugging her tightly. She rubbed my back, comfortingly.

"I'm just depressed about Paige, Ya know..." I whispered.

"Yeah, I know. It's okay...it'll all be okay..." She pulled me back a little and smiled.

She kissed me on the cheek, then said,"You want me to bring you some food?"

I nodded slightly. She jogged down the stairs as I sat there, staring at my reflection in the mirror by the sink.

The only thing I was thinking about was:

That glass could be useful someday...