Part 67

GLENN'S P.O.V
We kept walking down the long walk of concrete. Cars piled on top of cars. A few bodies in some of them.

A cold breeze blew into our faces as the rain kept pouring. I nestled Maggie in my arms as we trudged on. Another part of the town was visible in the distance.

"Look! We could stay there for the night." Daryl exclaimed, pointing at a tall gray building straight ahead. Which was probably another mile or so.

After walking for a bit, we finally reached our destination. It was a prison.

RICK'S P.O.V
"CARL?!?" I screamed with Elizabeth joining my yells. "CARL?!"

He was no where in sight. Only the sounds of frogs and crickets in the night filled our ears. You could hear the rain hitting the leaves, falling drop by drop, leaf by leaf. We searched through the woods looking for him, slowly losing hope.

CARL'S P.O.V
I peeked up to see something covering my ability to see. It was still. No motion. I didn't even want to move. Then, I felt something yank me from underneath my trapper. I scanned around to where I was.

Same place.

It was still raining. Leaves still swaying, but I still had a tight grasp on my arm. Oh, here we go. Walker, bite me now. I clenched my teeth, tightly closing my eyes, waiting for the pain to shoot through my body.

Still nothing. I squinted my eyes to see a boy, probably my age, standing above me.

"Come on, I just saved your butt...Now, get up."