Part 51

ROSE'S P.O.V
I woke up to a loud gunshot piercing my ears. That soup was nice and steamy. It made me sleepy. I crawled out of bed and looked out the window to some injured friends. I walked out calmly and pointed at Carl. "Carl! You got something happenin' up there." I said as I looked at the hole above Carl's collar bone. "NO DUH!" He yelled which was very unnecessary. "And- WOAH! WHAT'S UP WITH HER FACE?" I said, horrified by the glob of skin on the small body of Paige's. I turned to the other side of me which laid a girl with a hole in her head. "AND WHAT HAPPENED TO WHAT'S HER FACE?!?!" I heard a small giggle from behind me. I know who it came from. That weak Carl, bleeding on the ground, a bullet probably traveling through his flesh somewhere by now.

A heard a distant door slam. I spun on my heels, seeing a girl jogging out of the house across from us. Her face was pale. Her long brown hair was let loose and swaying behind her. "Are you guys okay?" She huffed. Carl glared up at her. "Are you kidding me? You shot me!" He said as he stood up, pushing her back, forcefully. "And don't you dare think of touching my family if you are gonna even try to bother me!"

She held her hands up in surrender. "Hey, now. Let's not get feisty. That wasn't me. That was my brother, Ronny. He is gonna kill me since I told you, so we better get going if you want to survive!" She urged us on.

CARL'S P.O.V
"You can't just come here and tell us what to do like your our leader!" I yelled. "Come on, we either run or he is gonna try to join us or kill us. I'd rather not take the chances." She said tugging on his arm. "Wait." I stopped in my tracks. "WHAT?!?!?" She exclaimed. "Why are we worried about him?" She just stared at me, a tear falling from her face. "I shouldn't explain, not right now." She said as she turned her head away, leading the group back into the house.

"What's your name?" My dad came up to her, standing right in her face. She gulped. She was intimidated. "Elizabeth..."