Part 45

DARYL'S P.O.V
Rose and I sprinted down the highway, laughing as the sun beamed past the tall skyscraper like buildings. "Come on! Faster!" She urged me as she ran ahead. We turned the corner, slowing our speed until we stopped at an abandoned grocery store. We had our hands on our knees, breathing heavily. We smiled at each other and decided to go inside.

ROSE'S P.O.V
He pointed his crossbow at the dim light as I raised my spear. She's very useful in tough situations. He busted down the door, the glass smashing onto the tile floor. We heard a loud groan, but we didn't know where it came from. I felt someone's hand land on my shoulder, so I turned and saw the walker coming at me. I lunged her at the monster, but it knocked her out of my hand. My eyes darted to my baby laying on the ground so lonesome. I grabbed the walker by the neck,"Nobody messes with her..." I whispered in its ear as I smashed its head against a shelf full of rotten meat and protein. It's skull caved in as its brains fell out onto my feet.

Daryl ran up to me, hugging me tightly. "I-I didn't see it..." He muttered. I nodded,"Its okay..." I picked her up off the ground, hoisting her on the strap on my back. "You saved me, though...We both could've been dead if you hadn't have killed it." I blushed. "I know, I'm pretty epic..."

He smiled at me, his face turning more serious and he leaned it slowly. I got scared. He was going to kiss me?!?! As his lips almost reached mine, I swung my head to the side, making him kiss my cheek. He looked at me, and I just shook my head. "You know we shouldn't..." I whispered.