Chapter 2: Turn Back The Clock

Luca Lounsbery. Where was he? Back in Canada. What year? 2018, like how Book 1 started...

Hotel? Trivago.

Anyway, Luca woke up with a headache and a familiar calling out to him, over and over again. By the second he got more conscious, the voice got louder and louder. And as his eyes opened, there revealed the one who repetitively spoke out his name, it was none other than Angelo. 

[Also quick note, for plot sake, I kinda changed Angelo's name a bit. Instead of his sername being Avalonne, his sername is now Suarez. It just kinda sounds closer to Angelo's nationality. Ight, back to the story....]

"...A-Angelo?" Luca uttered in shock as he lets out a small groan.

"Yo, are you okay??!" Angelo shrieks; scared, worried, and utterly confused.

Luca looked around his surroundings and it was the same forest they came to that faithful day of July 10, 2018 - Saturday. His jaw dropped in absolute confusion. 

"Sagutin mo naman ako, tangina!" (Fucking answer me!) Angelo cursed in panic in his native language - Tagalog, commanding for Luca to answer him. Luca just looking around as if he just got amnesia is scaring him even more. 

Luca lets out a small sigh. "Yeah... I-I'm fine.. What.. What happened?" 

"I don't know..." Angelo shrugs. "I was trying to talk to you through the walkie-talkie and you didn't answer me... Since you weren't, I went looking for you. Then I just found you passed out over here.... What the hell even happened??"

"I.. I-I slipped.. And uh, must've blacked out." Luca answers sheepishly, subconsciously rubbing his chest. Like the others, the pain of the gunshot was still there, but there was no blood, no wound, no nothing...

Angelo sighs as he helps Luca gingerly get up. "Whatever, let's just get the hell out of here... This place gives me the creeps.."

Luca let out a small chuckle as he got back onto his feet. "You're the one who suggested to come here, and now you're backing out cos you're scared?"

"..I-I am not THAT scared!!" Angelo bluffed, whereas in reality, he kept talking to himself while walking around, continuously saying "What is wrong with me, why did I say that me and Luca should split up..." And each time something makes a sound, he squeaks and is ready to drop down to his knees, slap his hands together, and start praying.

"It's just that... I-It's getting late and.. It's not good to stay out late at night.. Especially in a forest.." Angelo protested, sheepipshly. 

"Uh huh, sure~" Luca teased him..

Angelo groans as he continues to change the subject with his appetite. "Dammit, I'm hungry now. Let's get some Mcdonalds before we head home."

"Alright then." Luca answers simply as him and Angelo make their way out of the forest. For odd reasons, Luca keeps looking back on himself thinking about what happened. He died, but now he's alive again and he's back in the future where he belongs. His uniform is gone. His messenger bag is gone. 

Well he still has his original backpack...

. . .

At Mcdonalds.

Luca already took a seat for him and Angelo while the latter was ordering their burgers. While waiting, he checked himself. He was okay. He checked his backpack, it was also okay... Nothing missing from when they first explored the forest or anything... 

But upon checking the last pocket, he found a letter. The paper was extremely old. It was folded. Upon unfolding it, he read what it said... It was his unfinished letter to Layla before he died. He reread the letter and felt tears emerge from his eyes.

And now did he wonder about what happened to Layla. Courting her was the biggest achievement he could ever accomplish. He isn't much of a ladies man, and if anything, he'd most likely just like the women to come to him, then him making the first move. Look at what happened before, if it weren't for Aaron encouraging him, he would've just let it all slide and miss another opportunity. He did love Layla, and if he was going to stay in Medieval America any longer, he might as well have married her. But that isn't what happened, did it?

He slowly slid the letter back into his backpack and wiped away his tears. He didn't want to make a scene and, of course, not let Angelo know about this..... Or not yet at least.

A few moments later and Angelo came into the scene with their burgers and some fries. Luca just smiled and pretended like nothing happened. He continued to banter along with Angelo and just live life as how he normally would before that whole mess happened. Albeit, after a year and a half of living in Medieval America - plus Britain I suppose - made him feel uncomfortable seeing people with jackets and jeans, blinding lights, and all the glitz and glamour of the modern world. 

He was so used to eating shitty mush as food that eating that burger felt like his first taste of it. 

"Is this what old people feel?" He thought to himself, recalling the fact that most of the elderly he knows do nothing but rant about WW2, the cold war, and just every bullshit in the past that they could think of. 

Hold on....

He was 17 in 2018, but then he turned 18 during the 1700s....

He almost choked on his fries from thinking about this.

"Am I old then??" He mentally screeched.

You guys can't see it but I'm currently facepalming so hard at how stupid this guy is...

I don't think that's how it works Luca...

Since the time and space continuum was disrupted and reset, you are still technically still 17 years old.. 

"Oh... Okay. Thanks random voice in my head." He muttered to himself.

Oh fuck, he can hear me again.. How the fuck-