Chapter 8 1/2: Requiem

[So... I really wanted to write this because I've thought of this little scene a few weeks back, but the problem is... I don't know where to insert this in a main chapter, so have this extension thingy of Chapter 8. And yes, this is canon]

It was midnight.

Everyone was asleep, except for Luca and Aaron.

Aaron got thirsty so he decided to get himself a glass of water downstairs. And apparently, so did Luca. They smiled at each other upon coincidentally meeting downstairs in the kitchen.

It was kind of just awkward silence until Luca spoke up and asked, "By the way... I-I never got the chance to ask this but... How's Layla? Is she okay? Did she ever ask about me?"

Aaron almost choked on his water. "Oh shit..." He mentally screamed. Yeah, you're fucked now Burrito.

Luca looked over at Aaron in confusion. Aaron looked back at him as he debated whether to tell him the truth or not. If anything, Aaron knows more about Luca's love life than anybody on this entire Earth. He knows for a fact that if he told Luca the truth, he would break. But at the same time, if he lies to him, he'll live a life of believing everything is okay, but sooner or later, he'll find out the truth - which would lead things to become even worse, plus Luca becoming very pissed off at Mr Aaron Burrito Sir. 

So... What will it be Burrito?

Aaron inhaled sharply. "The truth..." He mutters. "Also please stop calling me 'Burrito'.. It sounds stupid." He mentally told me. 

Yeah, whatever Buritto.

Aaron sighed as he took Luca's hand. "How about we sit down for this one?" He offered as he dragged Luca over to the couch. Luca became concerned about this but nodded anyway.

Before Aaron could say a word, Luca began rambling...

"...W-What's with us sitting down on the couch??" He bursts out. "Why can't you just tell me directly?? Why? Is something wrong??! What happened to her??!!" 

Aaron put his hands on Luca's shoulders to calm him down. "Luca, please..." He says. "Calm yourself.." 

Luca sighs. "Okay, fine... What happened?"

Aaron frowned. "I know you wouldn't like what I'd be saying, but... Layla... She doesn't remember you.."

"What?!" Luca gasps.

"Remember how we told you guys that when we all died from the ambush, we got revived as well?" Aaron asks, Luca nods. 

"When we got revived and saw that you weren't there, we asked around about where you were. Everyone was confused as of who you were, and nobody remembered you... And so did Layla.." Aaron explains. "I went to her, and asked her about where you may have been, but she was also confused...." 

Tears emerged from Luca's eyes as Aaron continued to explain, "I told her about you and how you two are lovers and all, but... S-She was just baffled about it... I'm sorry.. "

Luca pulled Aaron's hands away as he quickly stood up from the couch and stormed off. 

Aaron stood up as well. "...Luca, wait!"

But Luca didn't listen. He stormed upstairs and shut his bedroom door and locked it. Aaron tried to call out to him again, but he was playing deaf to him. 

Aaron stood against the locked door. He was going to knock on the door and was hoping to talk to Luca more about this, but it seemed too late. "Luca, I know you're still awake and I know that you're listening to me. I just want to talk to you..."

And indeed, Luca was standing at the other side, hearing all that Aaron has said. But as the tears rolled down his cheeks, he stormed away and lied on the bed, beside Angelo.

Upon hearing no response, he sighed and left to head back to his room. 

Angelo was awoken from the loud door and from Luca seeming vigorous. He yawned as he looked over to Luca. Upon seeing him crying, he was deeply concerned. He slowly sits up, "Hey Lu, are you okay...?" He asked. "Who hurt you...?" He asked again as he turned on the lamp at the bedside table, and reached for the small drawer and was going to pull out the pocket knife that's kept in there. 

But Luca sat up and just held his hand to stop him. Angelo then stopped and looked back at Luca. He didn't know what happened, but all he knows is that Luca's crying and that's a big no-no for Mr Angelo Suarez. So instead, he hugged him tightly and tried to comfort him.

"Hey, everything's okay..." Angelo cooed.

"You're okay..."