Chapter 6: This Is Home

Luca sighed as he pulled up his mask after hearing the explanation of how they got there to future New York. As he did so, he pulled out a few extras from the box of face masks he just bought. He came from the supermarket on a supply run, after all. He gave each of them one. "Here. Wear these." He instructed, and they all complied.

"Okay, but what's with the masks though?" Alexander asks.

Luca began walking away and motioned for them to follow. "There's a global pandemic going on. It's quite contagious so everyone is required to wear a face mask for safety sake." He explains. 

"Then why aren't others wearing masks?" John asks.

"They're not following community guidelines, that's why." Luca answers.

"Aren't they aware of the dangers?" Washington adds.

Luca shrugs. "They probably are, but they think it's fake. A lot of people don't want to wear their mask cos they either think they're superheroes and have crazy immunity or they just don't believe about the pandemic and think that it's all just a big joke."

"Such poor and stupid souls...." Aaron mutters under his breath.

. . .

They then all caught up with each other's lives as they walked home. As stated previously, Angelo and Luca are now living together, and since the Hamilsquad seems to be stuck here in 2020 New York, it seems that they're going to be staying there for the mean time.

"Here we are!" Luca chirps. He takes his keys, opens the front door and leads them all in before shutting it close behind him. "So... You and this Angelo are living together, right?" Alexander goes.

Luca ambled over to the kitchen area and placed the groceries and such down. "Mhm!"

They all began looking around as they pulled down their masks. "Nice house, Luca." They compliment. "Thanks!" Luca answers as he pulls down his mask too.

"You sure, um, Angelo won't be freaked about people like us in your house?" Aaron asks, a bit worriedly. 

"Naw. Of course not! He's gonna be chill with it."

Angelo was just vibing by the hallway upstairs, researching about American history as he usually would in his past time; specifically the American Revolution this time. And then he heard Luca's voice from downstairs, so he knew that he's gotten home. He ambled downstairs to greet his dear best friend, and then he saw the Hamilsquad....

He stood at the stairs, flabbergasted. 

"Greetings," Washington goes.

"Hooolllyyy shiii-" And before Angelo could finish, Luca rushed over to him and said, "Please don't freak out!" 

Angelo inhaled sharply as he began letting out a rather awkward and stifled chuckle. "Hah, me? Freaking out? Whaaat?? I'm not freaking out.. Of course not! Hahah....... Okay seriously! WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK??" 

Luca turned back to the Hamilsquad. "Pardon us for a moment." As he said so, he took Angelo by the hand and pulled him back upstairs to have a little chat up there.

"Luca, please tell me I'm just high on drugs and that's actually not George motherfucking Washington down there who said hi to me." Angelo rapidfired.

Luca was about to explain but then he was caught off guard with Angelo's statement. "Wait, hold on, you take drugs??!!"

"No.. B-But earlier, before you got home, I ate a lot of chocolate cos I got really hungry, and people say chocolate is like drugs, so.." Angelo uttered.

"I don't think that's how drugs work."

"How would you know?"

And there was silence.

"SO ANYWAY-- About the people downstairs... Um, yeah, that's George Washington"

"WAIT REALLY??!"

"YEAH!! AND ALEXANDER HAMILTON, JOHN LAURENS, AARON BURR, HERCULES MULLIGAN, AND MARQUIS DE LAFAYETTE TOO!!"

"WELL WHAT ARE THEY DOING IN OUR LIVING ROOM??"

"IT'S A LONG STORY, MATE"

"THEN TELL IT TO ME"

"I SAID IT'S A LONG STORY. I CAN'T JUST STAND HERE FOR 5 HOURS AND RETELL THE WHOLE THING TO YOU"

"BUT WHY NOT??!" Angelo whined.

And there was the Hamilsquad downstairs, hearing the two of them screaming as the dysfunctional duo they are that both share half a brain cell.

[im so sorry for short af chapters...]