Chapter 18: Housewife Radio (Mulette) (2/2)

[Please don't mind how bad the writing is. My brain is fried rn.]

How does a ragtag volunteer army in need of a shower somehow become the family's power? How do we emerge from the quagmire? Walk into the battlefield as the Covid cases become higher...

Yo, turns out we have a secret weapon. An immigrant you know who's unafraid to step out...

He's constantly confusin', counfoundin' the boys in Smash Bros...

Everyone give it up for America's favourite fighting Frenchie!!

lAfAYEtTE!!

"I'm taking this red shopping cart by the bars and grabbing bottles of ketchups that's redder than bloodstains!"

LaFaYEtTE!!

"And I'm never gonna stop, I'm gonna make the Karens drop, and I'm gonna scatter around the aisles, I'm-"

lAfAyetTE!!

"Watch me engagin' em! Escapin' em! Enragin' em, I'm-"

LaFaYEtTE!!

"I go down the aisle to get more gums..."

lAfAyetTE!!

"And I'll come back home with more buns...

And chips! And so the balance shifts~"

Hahah, that was a fun song, Laf.

"Of course, it was! It's mine after all~" He boasts to me. "...Aside from the author's terrible supermarket version of the lyrics."

Very true. 

Anyway, c'mon. You need to get going. Finish up your shopping before the Karens come back and get you. Lafayette nods and dashes down the aisle as he rode with the cart. 

Leerie groaned, "When are we going home?" 

"Shh, just in a bit. Let me have my fun and get some more cereal boxes." Lafayette answers as he gingerly pushes the little magical bird further down his pocket before anyone sees him. 

Leerie sighs. "This is what I get for being given to children..." He rolls his eyes.

"Excuza moi, I'm already in my 20s! I'm a full-grown adult." 

"Oui, but you barely act like one."

Lafayette frowned. "That's it, you're not getting any cereal!"

Leerie just scoffs at him and hides back in Lafayette's jeans pocket. Lafayette scoffs back at him and continues on with the shopping. Finishing up, he passed by a group of younger boys just having some fun and buying snacks. Sounds like they're planning a movie night together. Leerie takes a little peek, and there he asked: "By the way, are you ever going to do anything about Luca?"

"What do you mean?"

"It's been a week and he hasn't came back yet."

"He's probably just warming up still."

"Oh mon Dieu... When someone's been gone for a long time, you check on them, right?"

"De quoi tu parles..?" (What are you on about?)

"Tout ce que je dis, c'est que Luca est sorti en trombe de la maison après avoir fracassé une chaise sur le visage d'Alexandre. Si c'est devenu si mauvais, alors qui sait ce qu'il aurait pu faire après avoir pris la fuite, alors qui sait ce qu'il aurait pu faire pendant qu'il était là-bas... Rien de bon, c'est sûr. " ( All I'm saying is Luca stormed out of the house after smashing a chair in Alexander's face. If it got that bad, then who knows what he might have done after he left. Nothing good, that's for sure. )

"C'était une chose ponctuelle. Luca n'a jamais pu faire autre chose..." (That was a one time thing. Luca could never do anything else... )

Leerie chuckled. "Becoming a Luca apologist now, are we?"

"Taisez-vous! (Shut up!) The only thing Luca ever does is run away from his problems. And when he's okay, he comes back - like when he got stressed about us finding out about his secret. He'll come back soon..." Lafayette tried to retort as he didn't want to admit what Leerie said was true either. "I hope."

"I hope? " Leerie rephrases. 

"Shut it." Lafayette glares down at the small bird. 

. . .

After the trip to the grocery store, Lafayette headed home. He ended up passing by a flower  shop. He ended up taking a little glance at the displays placed by the large glass window at the front of the shop. He could've sworn that he noticed someone by the counter further in the shop suddenly hide for some reason, or maybe he's just tripping. 

Either way, he shrugged it off, and went home.

And this time, they're implying some strict rules on Angelo, so he doesn't keep stress-eating the cereal at midnight.