77

If I had to take something away from my past it would be this. The people in your life change with every decision they make. When backed into a corner and forced to make a decision a person's true character always seems to be revealed.

We don't talk about Vincent or all the despair he put us and the pack through, but I will say that he does come to my mind once in a while. I think to myself, would things have been different if he wasn't a rogue? A rogue who was slowly losing his mind over his dead mate and destroyed pack? Or was it always meant to be that way. His mind was destined to fracture due to his nativity of the world around him?

"CLOVE!" I turned my head to the voice calling my name. I sat on a patio chair outside in the warm summer heat.

"Ash, you don't have to yell I can hear you." Her nose scrunched up and her lips pinched together in annoyance.

"Oh shut up, I just wanted to snap you out from whatever you were thinking." She commented as she threw herself back into the chair next to mine.

"Why's that?" I questioned as she closed her eyes and tilted her head back in exaggeration as she let out a huge sigh.

"Because it was definitely something dark and creepy." I couldn't help my own face from twitching with surprise at her words.

"What?" Quickly Ash pointed a finger at me accusingly. 

"Oh don't give me that crap, it's all over your face. If Alaric sees you, you're going to make him worry and then he's going to get all moppy because you "don't share anything with him" which in turn will reflect badly on the children!" I raised an eyebrow at her in question.

"You're logic seems a little stretched don't you think? The kids are fine."

"You're such an easy-going mom who would have thought that my kid would turn out to be the wild one with issues?" 

"Yes... it's quite a mystery..." Ash and Sander gave birth to a beautiful baby boy who they named Mallix. It was around when Mallix was one or so that Alaric and I gave birth to our own... twins. One girl and one boy who we named Waylin and Dezra. Very adorable in my opinion. Waylin taking after Alaric in personality, meaning he is a boy of few words and always tends to stay close to me. Dezra on the other hand has no fear. Which in turn scares the living crap out of the whole pack and Waylin who tends to scold Dezra more than I do somedays. They are now seven with Mallix being eight and his younger brother who is now five, Mico. They stick together like glue, you can't see one without the other. Until Dezra, who usually tries to get away from Waylin when she's up to no good.

"Hey! I don't need that snarky attitude! I have enough to worry about as it is!" In all honesty, Ash had little to nothing to worry about. She was a terrific mom, who is a bit overprotective at times. Mallix and Mico are the sweetest, however, they could sneeze and Ash would think they came down with a cold. They're really quite normal kids it's just... Ash.

"Where are they by the way? They told me they were going to play in the back yard today. I don't see them." Ash began looking across the yard in search of them.

"They're just at the border with Sander and Alaric, they're fine," I stated as I sat up, trying to get more comfortable. 

"What if they need me? What if they fall!" 

"You're right, they might bleed to death."

"WHAT!"

"Ash! They're fine, if anyone needs help it's you. Why are you so worried anyway?" She groaned as she tried to find Mallix and Mico along the edge.

"It's just they're going up so fast and before you know it they will be shifting and then an evil witch will take away their wolf!"

"HAHAHAHA! Ash our childhood is a once in a lifetime thing, I swear to you our kids all have wolves." She picked up a cookie that was sitting on the plate next to me. She didn't take a bit right away. Instead, she looked at it, examined it, and then picked at the edges nervously.