29

After things settled down Alaric and I went back to our table to finish eating. Although, Alaric was doing most of the eating. I might have been hungry, but I had lost my appetite. I twirled the pasta around my fork and tried to think of other things, other less important things. Things like not betraying Alaric and having a wolf, but focusing on the positives felt like I simply turned my back on the negatives, the inevitables. They were still there searching and festering into something that needed to be taken care of.

"Are you doing alright?" Alaric asked as he rubbed my back with his hand. I turned towards him and gave him a small smile and nod.

"Ya, just not that's hungry is all," I said as I pushed my plate away from me, the pasta barely gone, but touched enough to look like I might have eaten more than I had. Alaric stared at my plate.

"You didn't eat much, are you feeling okay?" He was worrying and it was sweet, but it was like I planted a seed in his head that I knew would grow into something uncontrollable.

"All good, pasta is just not what I'm hungry for right now, but I was also thinking about meeting back up with Ash for a movie. Would that be alright with you or do we have plans?" He rested his arm on the back of my chair and leaned his head back against his own.

"No, I don't have any plans for us right now, but I do want to speak with you, probably later tonight about the initiation tomorrow."

"Anything serious?" He shook his head.

"Nothing like that, just the schedule for tomorrow." I stood up from the chair and gave him a kiss on the lips and pulled away, but apparently, one kiss was not enough. Alaric pulled me back down and landed a deep one on me that almost made me lose my breath. When he finally pulled away he had a mischievous grin on his face and a satisfied look in his eyes.

"Okay, now you can go." I was about to walk away, but then I stopped and turned back around to face Alaric.

"We're just going to hang out in her and Sander's room okay? So, no need for the babysitters." Alaric's lips tightened with a sense of disappointment locked between them and he crossed his arms over his chest.

"No, I'm sorry, but if you ever needed to get in contact with me you'll need someone who can mindlink me," Alaric paused and it seemed like he was debating a painful choice, "I'll lower the number to two, but if you leave the packhouse you'll earn the other five back."

"You know yesterday you told me I was only getting five warriors to take Ash and I to the library, but when I walked outside I was met with seven..." He narrowed his eyes and me and saw the game I was playing with him.

"And I thought Alphas kept their word." I sighed as I closed my eyes with dramatic despair. I had to make this light-hearted, but still, a reasonable request that Alaric would have a difficult time refusing. Even though seven warriors escorting would be beneficial in other packs, such as ones that weren't as large or strong as the Obsidian Night pack or a pack that had a pregnant Luna, seven warriors escorting me around was just overkilling it in my eyes. I didn't need seven warriors in such a highly guarded and large pack. The chances of invaders were zero to none and I was most definitely not pregnant. The fact that I had seven warriors escorting me was a lot, but that fact that they were all highly trained pack warriors was excessive in itself. At most for a new Luna like myself, in the Obsidian Night pack, one personal warrior would be enough while I was inside the packhouse and maybe even the territory. Then if and when I would leave the territory for council meetings or outside events two to three would be an appropriate amount.

Plus it didn't hurt that with one or two would make sneaking around and keeping secrets that much easier. The fewer warriors I had following me around would make it that much easier for Ashlyn and I to sneak off and go to the training grounds to get weapons. It was common knowledge that packs had weapons on almost all supernatural threats, even witches that were one of the known common "allies" with werewolves. I would also be positive that if any packs were to have weapons against witches it would be the Obsidian Night pack, looking back when Alaric's father was the Alpha and he took over other packs there is a chance that most likely had hired witches for extra protection.