68

With the ceremony tonight there was a lot to do. For one Brett had already announced the pack members while Ashlyn and Sander were making all the arrangements. So, one might ask what exactly I needed to do. To be honest, nothing really. I wasn't allowed to lift anything too heavy, even though I was much stronger than I once was. However, after Alaric and I had gotten up this morning he began to list off rule after rule as to what exactly I was allowed to do.

Exerting myself in any way was forbidden. Going outside of the packhouse was a no, not to mention leaving his side for more than an hour, which was all his wolf could really deal with, would end up with someone getting killed.

In the end, I had an hour to myself, which I liked, but with this mating, bond 1000X stronger than it used to be I ended up missing Alaric right when I stepped out of his office. I pouted, this was annoying...

"Alright let's go," Brett announced as he began to walk down the hall. I quickly jogged to catch up to him.

"Make sure you turn your mind link on or I'll get killed," Brett stated matter of factly.

"Sure," I muttered, not really knowing what to say. It had been a while since I had been with Brett, that day he let Ash and I go. He had put his trust in us and I don't think I could have let him down any more than I already had.

"Lily misses you," he suddenly broke me out of my thoughts. I smiled at the thought of the little curly-haired girl. She was the sweetest.

"That's what Alaric had mentioned this morning." It went quiet for a moment as we both continued walking down the hallway. Brett had definitely changed since I had come here. From the beginning, he has been this crazy Beta that knew no personal boundaries. He took that to heart and invaded Alaric's and mine every moment he could. He was cracking jokes and getting into trouble, but most importantly he was always there to lessen the tension. That was until I asked him to make the choice. Trust a girl you just met or the Alpha that you have served for your whole life basically! 

In the end, he chose me, or rather my option to try and solve my problems on my own. I felt as though there were some reservations between us now.

"Could I see her?" I asked, Brett. He seemed to be very wary when it came to his daughter and I had this underlining feeling that he might now trust me anymore. I had that feeling for the whole pack though. Would anyone trust me? 

"I think that would be nice," I looked up to Brett in surprise to which he responded by laughing.

"Ha! Why that look? Did you think I would say no?" 

"Well ya, kind of..."

"Lily likes you a lot and she told me why, and honestly I think it's great. She needs a mother figure in her life."

"Ya, I agree, but me? I mean it would be nice to see her, but being a role model for her, that's kind of asking a lot."

"Oh come on Luna, you're going to become the role model for the whole pack in just a little bit, what's one more kid?" 

"You don't think she'll be scared of me, do you?" This question caused Brett to laugh even more.

"Clover, Lily has met you like once or twice and she already worships the ground you walk on, she breaks out of her shell when she's around you. In fact, I think you're probably the best role model for her."

"Why do you say that?" I almost tripped over my own feet when Brett said that.

"Well, as you probably know I lost my mate pretty soon after Lily was born, She doesn't remember her mom, and Samantha, who watches her, has other pack responsibilities. So, she was never able to become the mother figure that she needed. Lily's a shy girl and has a hard time making friends. Maybe part of that's my fault for not being there as much as I would have liked, but with you there for her..." Brett paused and seemed to think about it for a moment, "It's like you can walk into people's lives and make a difference without even trying."