8

Clover's POV

I was in a deep sleep when we arrived but was shaken awake from the SUV stopping. It only somewhat brought me back to consciousness as I could hear those around me, but didn't bother to open my eyes. I heard the door open and a few voices mumbling to each other.

"Is that her?" Someone asked.

"I'm taking her to my room, follow me." I felt myself being held close as I was lifted up by Alaric.

"What are you going to do?" Someone asked from the right.

"I'm going to let her rest," there was a silence that grew between Alaric and who he was talking to, it seemed like they were both mad at each other.

"You know that's not what I mean..."

"I don't care what you mean, I'll do what I think is right and right now that means taking care of my mate. I want two warriors outside the room at all times and-"

"Alaric, I know, I know what to do."

"You better..."

I tried to keep focusing on their conversation, but I fell back asleep once I was placed onto a soft bed. The last thing I heard was someone telling Alaric I would be fine and that they needed him in the meeting room.

I don't know what time Alaric and I arrived at the Obsidian Night pack, but I do know that I was asleep for a good four more hours after we arrived. When I woke up I felt better, better than I did when I woke up in the pack's medical ward. However, my head still ached and all my joints were stiff.

I sat up and rolled my shoulders around and stretched my arms. My eyes soon adjusted to the darkroom I was in. More like a freaking luxury sweet! Holy crap! My eyes went wide as I sat around looking at a huge bedroom, with a king-sized bed I was in, a couch and TV off to my left with a coffee table and a laptop, along with a full-sized bathroom on the left and a massive closet that was open.

"What the hell?" I slowly turned my body so my feet were hanging off the bedside. I walked over to the currents of the far wall and pulled them open. It was bright and beautiful. The packhouse overlooked the entire pack! I could see wolves running around and people taking strolls. After a while, though the houses thinned out and other buildings began to be swallowed by the trees. I looked out to the sun setting behind all of the trees, it was like the forest here went on forever, it was so vase.

At that moment my thoughts were interrupted by a loud voice coming from the other side of the large doors.

"You let me in there right now!"

"No one is allowed in except the Alpha and Beta, leave now."

"I'm not going anywhere! I have a right to go through those doors. The Luna is my best friend!"

"Ash?" I said to myself. The men behind the door continued to argue with Ash as she continued to try and pursued her way through the guards. It wasn't until I opened the doors that everyone froze and turned to me. In a fraction of a second, the men outside the door breathed Luna under their breath and in surprise, Ashlyn sprinted full speed to me yelling my name.

"Clover!" She screamed as she landed on me causing me to yelp and fall backward.

"I missed you so much! Even though it's been less than a day! I can't believe you're here and your mate is the Alpha! That's so cool! I'm so happy for you!" Ashlyn cried out as she held me tighter and caused my clothes to get soaked with her tears.

"Ow! Ash, you're heavy and I'm in pain!" I said and in no time at all Ash has pulled off me and the men that were outside the door stood in front of me as another helped me up.