23

Clover's POV

It felt like forever that I was stuck in that room, waiting for Alaric to either come back or tell the warriors outside that I could leave. I talked to Ash through mind link about what Alaric did and for once she wished me luck and said she was busy. I sighed as I laid sprawled out on the couch, I was so bored! After the first few hours I was fuming, then as time went on I cooled down, but I knew the moment I saw Alaric my mood would change!

Right now I was seriously debating to just burst out yelling at him and maybe he wouldn't notice that I didn't have a wolf...maybe.

"I wonder what would drive him the most insane..." I thought about it for a little while longer until it hit me. I would ignore him if he was going to run away and ignore me and not even explain to me what was wrong that I just wouldn't talk to him.

By the time Alaric finally came back to the room he was sweaty and looked like he had been on a run or in a fight with a bear. Although his body was already adorned with scars he had fresh new cuts on his abdomen and a few new bruises on his face. It was taking every ounce of my willpower to not go check to make sure he was alright. He's an Alpha he can take care of himself. I kept trying to tell myself and for this mating, bond was meant to be"weak" it sure was giving me a strong urge to go and help my mate and to also check him out at the same time.

Alaric walked in and stood in the middle of the room watching me. I averted my eye contact with him as I flipped through a book and munched on some snacks that Ann had brought up for me.

"Clover?" Alaric said, but I ignored him and flipped another page in my book.

"Can you please look at me at least?" I didn't look at him as I flipped another page of my book.

"Ahhh," he sighed, "I'll take a quick shower and then we'll take." Oh, he could talk alright, but I wouldn't be saying a damn word. I heard the water turn on, but I didn't move my head to look. I never heard the door close and I think Alaric left it open just so he could make sure I didn't leave. Once the shower was turned off, Alaric walked out in nothing but a towel hanging very low on his hips. If I had any power left please moon Goddess give it to me now!

He walked slowly by me, checking me out as he did, but when I didn't move or make any attempt to have a conversation with him he carried on to the closet. He soon came out dressed in comfortable grey sweats and no shirt. Before he came over to me he opened his dressers top drawer and pulled out some gauze and some wrap for his cuts. He then proceeded to move over to me and sit down on the couch. I sat in the middle of the couch but moved to the end when he sat down. I could practically feel waves of disappointment coming off of him!

This is what you get though for locking me in a room for four hours!!! My legs were now pulled all the way up to my chest and I was furiously reading my book! I couldn't help the angry expression that was displayed on my face.

Alaric still didn't say anything to me, instead, he took this time to start dabbing at the open cuts on his abdomen. Although werewolves healed fast there was a trick to it and sometimes your emotions could get in the way of you properly healing. If you were mad and kicked a chair that injury would last longer than if you simply ran into the chair. It was complicated, but emotions influenced how we healed. And at this moment I could definitely tell that Alaric's healing was being influenced by his emotions.

A normal cut or gnash would heal in a few hours or at least close. Although I didn't know when Alaric got the cuts they were still bleeding even now. For a good five minutes, Alaric dabbed on his cuts, trying to stop the bleeding, but it didn't work. It wasn't until he was starting to become angry that he was not hitting his cuts that I couldn't take it anymore.

"Oh, my Goddess stop it! Give it to me!" I yelled startling Alaric as he looked at me as I quickly threw my book to the floor, which I had not been reading and snatched the gnaws out of his hand, and began carefully wiping up the blood that had been speared everywhere. I furiously cleaned his cuts and slapped on some clean gauze, I made him sit forward as I wrapped the bandages around his waist.

All while I was fixing him up I muttered to myself about the stupid mating bond, and by the time I was done Alaric had placed his hand on mine and said thank you. I looked up at him and he had a calmer expression on his face. I quickly took my hand away and stood up from the ground and began to march away from him.

"If it wasn't for the mating bond and your awful medical skills I wouldn't have helped you," I announced as I walked away from him. He quickly stood up and reached out to me, but I moved away too fast.

"Clover let me explain... I didn't mean to-to try and mark you and-" I whipped around so fast my head nearly spun off.

"I don't care about that! Yes, I was worried that you almost marked me, but you didn't. Instead, you ran away and left me in this room locked away for four houses when you were outside doing Goddess knows what!" I yelled as I pointed down to his bandages. Crap I needed to calm down. I could go yelling at him if I wanted to keep my secret! I began to take deep breaths in and out trying to calm my fired-up nerves.

"I know that was a mistake-

"A mistake it took four hours for you to come back and try to fix," I said in one steady breath.

"That's on me I know! I needed to cool down though! If I came back any sooner my wolf might have taken over and marked you! I ran away so that wouldn't happen." I stood there with my arms crossed not satisfied at all with his answer.

"You could have told me, you could have at least allowed me out of this damn room. Why did you lock me up? There's more to this that you're not telling me." I watched as Alaric clenched and unclenched his fists and his breathing increased and became more rapid.

"I locked you up to-to protect you."

"You keep saying that, what do I need protection from though? What is so scary that I can't go outside or go for a run or walk to your office by myself? At first, I thought it was just your Alpha side coming out because you hadn't marked me yet, but this is extreme Alaric." Through this all I didn't raise my voice at all I kept a calm and even tone. Unfortunately for Alaric, he couldn't do the same.

"Because you're my mate! You're my mate and I have to, no I want to protect you!" I could feel it in my gut this feeling that he was holding back something.

"You and I both know that's not the whole story.... Until you're ready to tell me I think I'll be locked up in another room." Tears began to drop from my eyes and I turned and marched towards the door. Until I was suddenly pulled back into Alaric's hard chest and the door that I had begun to open slammed shut.

In all the time, so two days, I knew Alaric I had never once been scared of him until this moment.

"Like hell, I would ever let you sleep anywhere, but here with me. You want the truth, the truth is that when I found you I found the fear of losing you as well. If anything, and I mean anything ever were to happen to you I don't know what I would do. So, yes if I have to I'll lock you up, if I have to I won't let you leave the pack, if I have to I'll keep you by my side for the whole day." I began to physically shake while Alaric held me. Even without me looking at him I knew his eyes were yellow.

"Alaric let me go."

"I'll never let you go, my dear mate." Alaric scooped me up and brought me over to the bed and set me down. All while I was trying to wiggle my way out of his grasp.

"Clover you need to understand I don't ever want to do any of these things to you, but this fear that I have for losing you isn't going away! And-And... and I don't know what to do!" Alaric moved over to the wall and threw a punch at it, putting a hole through it. I gasped and my hands flew over my mouth in shock.

"A-Alric?" I didn't know what to say or do. I had never known someone to have such great fear, especially about losing me. For once I relaxed and decided to trust the mating bond. I let it take over.

I got up from the bed and wrapped my arms around his neck and brought him closer to me and whispered in his ear.

"You won't lose me. I'm not going to get hurt, don't worry I'll be strong.." and then I said the word soon in a small voice inside my head.