48

I don't think I've ever been more terrified in my entire life than at that very moment. I didn't need the glow of the rock illuminating the darkness of the hallway to see Alaric's yellow eyes fare in shadows.

Ash and I were frozen, I don't know if it was the fact that we had never expected them to find us this soon or that they were actually standing in front of us that petrified us to where we stood. In a flash, Sander came out of the darkness behind Alaric and bolted towards Ash.

"Clove go!" She screamed at me just as I saw Sander seize ahold of Ash bringing her tightly into his hold. 

I looked back into Alaric's golden eyes, they held so much furry, pain, and confusion. His eyes narrowed as he saw my gasp on the rocks tighten.

"Don't you f*cking dare..." He seethed out his fangs growing in anger at my decision. 

I was stronger now, because of what Castle had done to me. In one large jump, I pulled myself up and over the stone wall. Splashing down into the murky water below. For a moment it was too dark to see anything, where was the glow from the rock I wondered? With a large gasp of air, I rose to the surface.

"CLOVER!" Alaric yelled from behind me. I quickly move away from his arm that was reaching into the wall.

"I'll break this whole wall down!" I threatened as he pounded his fist against the rocks.

"You can't!" Ash yelled from somewhere outside, "the whole place could collapse on top of her if you do that!" Thank the Moon Goddess for Ash's quick thinking.

"Alaric," I called to him over the sound of rushing water all around me. I don't think anyone could tell, with myself drenched in water, but I was crying. 

"I know I hurt you and I know you don't understand anything of what's happening right now..."

"You're damn right I don't understand! How dare you leave the pack, after your life was just threatened! You could have been killed!" He screamed into the small hole, his fists tightening around the rocks causing them to crack under pressure. I nodded in response to his outburst.

"I know, a lot of the choices I have made have been selfish or stupid because I didn't see the full picture, but I need to ask you to trust me on this, that I need to do this. Once we get out of here," I motioned to the walls around me, " then I will explain everything." 

This is what Alaric deserved. The truth, for once. Once we got the bones out of here, along with the familiar, then at least Ash or Sadner could return the bones to Iris and I could get my wolf back. In the end, I was just exhausted from running from my mate, and lying I just wanted him to know everything. There was no way I could tell him all I did, in such a literal unstable environment.

"Like f*ck you will! Get out of there now! Before you kill yourself!" I slowly shook my head.

"This will be the last time I disobey you, I can promise you that. Sander, please take Ash out of here, she's still hurt and needs to heal." I called out to them.

"Clove no!" Ash yelled as I heard a large growl from Sander, who probably just now got a better look at her leg.

"Sander! Put me down! Clove we are in this together!" She yelled as I heard her voice getting softer and softer as Sander carried her off. 

The water was up to my breasts and it was pouring in, in a steady stream from all around me, but the room always staid at a constant level. There must be an outlet to release the pressure somewhere.

"Clover!" He yelled again, his nails changing to claws.

"Just let me grab this!" I yelled back as I slowly waded through the water over to the bag of bones. I grabbed the bag and peered inside there they were. Stark white bones with small black symbols all around them. These were definitely witch bones. I pulled the drawstring on the bag and looked back to Alaric, who was on the end of his rope with me.