12

After Alaric left I contacted Ash through mind link and sure enough she was on her way to the Alaric's office. She told me that she convinced Sander to move up the training tests for the warriors of the pack so they could have more free time together later tonight.

"Is he actually going to get this so-called "free time" with you Ash?" I joked with her.

"We'll see! It honestly depends how fast the testing takes, Sander said it can take up to a few hours, so that will be plenty of time for us to finally talk." I agreed with her on that and Ash responded by saying she was stopping by the kitchen to grab some food for us, until then all I had to do was wait in Alaric's office.

"Knock, Knock!" Was that Ash already? I was sitting back on the couch going through website after website for clothes. If shopping honestly stopped Alaric from almost killing another desk then I would just have to make the sacrifice. I looked up from the laptop when someone knocked on the door though. I was just about to say that Ash could come in, but the door was opened before I could.

"I got those files you wanted from your old man's house! I don't know what good these will do but-" A tall serious man with sandy blonde hair walked in and then froze once he made eye contact with me. He then looked to the chair behind the desk and realised his mistake.

"Oh...I see... Laric isn't here."

"Um..no, he went to the training grounds to watch some tests being done-" I was cut off from finishing my sentence by the man stepping further into the room and closing the door behind him.

"Oh well that perfectly fine love, I'll just wait here until he returns." he said as he made his way over to me and fell back onto the couch.

"Oh, um.. He won't be back for awhile, you don't have to stay." I wanted him to leave, whoever he was Ash would be here shortly! The man looked over to me and smirked.

"I see you don't know who I am do you?" He moved closer to me and put an arm around my shoulder pulling me closer.

"Ah! No, I don't want to!" I couldn't even tell this guy to leave with the risk of him finding out my secret! Not being able to yell at him seemed to be making me even more mad than I already was that he was leaning all over me as if he were old friends.

"Awwww why so mean Luna, don't you know the Beta of the pack when you see one?" He asked me with doe eyes seeming extremely hurt by what I had just said.

"What? The Beta?!"

"Don't sound too surprised! I'm very responsible and a great help to Laric!" This guy seemed to be in his early twenties and yet he was shamelessly flirting with me when we just met and now he was pouting like a 16 year old boy.

"I can't see that, if you were really the Beta you wouldn't be getting so comfortable with your Luna." I gave him a serious look and he laughed.

"Laric and I go way back! And besides it's not like he's claimed you yet." He reached out his hand and lifted up my chin to get a better view of my neck.

"Hey!" I yelled as I slapped his hand away.

"Yup, I was right my dear Laric hasn't even marked his own mate. I knew he wasn't man enough."

"Hey! Stop assuming stupid things! We were just waiting until I got better marking to take a lot out of a girl ya know! And let go of me!"

"Aww come on Luna you're no fun! Although I guess because you haven't been marked yet you don't know how big he is?" He asked me with a raised eyebrow and a devilish smirk on his face.

"W-why w-would you even ask me that! We just met yesterday, I-I haven't even been accepted into the pack yet!" I felt my face physically turn a different shade and felt the heat come off my cheeks in waves of embarrassment.

"HAHAHA, you're so easy to mess with Luna ya know! I would just prepare yourself for the night he fully makes you his" He stood up from the couch and placed the files he had brought with him onto Alaric's desk.

"I have a feeling we'll be great friends." He grinned at me.

"Now wy would you say an idiotic thing like that, get out!" I yelled throwing a few pillows that were on the couch at him.

"Hahahaha, ah I gotta run Luna, but I'm sure we'll see each other again soon, and by the way the name's Brett if you ever want to give me a call." With that said he winked at me and walked out of the office. Just trying to have a conversation with that guy made me extremely exhausted! I slouched down onto the couch again, trying to relax, only to be interrupted again by a nock on the door.

"I swear to the moon goddess if that's you again, you can just leave!" I yelled as I walked over to the door and threw it open, only to be met face to face with Ash.

"Sorry, I guess I came at a bad time," Ash laughed at me and walked in.

"Who were you expecting to be at the door?" I sighed and walked over to the couch Ash had sat down on. She began to spread some snacks over the coffee table in front of us.

"Ugh, the stupid Beta of the pack." I groaned as I ripped open a bag of chips and popped a few in my mouth.

"Brett? He seems like a nice guy, maybe a little dense here and there, but a nice guy nonetheless." Ash said as she too tore open a box of cookies.

"Brett? Nice? No way. When did you meet him?"

"Hmm, when I first arrived he was waiting for Sander and I. Apparently when Alaric leaves the pack Brett is in charge and takes care of a majority of Alaric's responsibilities."

"So you met him while your mate was around." Ash didn't see what I was getting at, but that was alright she didn't need to know how perverted Brett really was.

"What did you guys talk about anyways?"

"N-nothing, let's change the subject shall we?" Ash nodded and I took a deep breath.

"I need to tell you a secret and you can't tell anyone for my sake and for the sake of the packs." I gazed at her with complete seriousness.

"Alright, tell me everything."