67

Alaric was hesitant about my decision, but he did agree with it in the end as did Brett, Ashlyn, and Sander.

"Today?! Are you serious?" I stood next to Alaric behind his desk, while he sat in the large chair. His hands folded and eyes focused sternly at the ground, processing all of the words that I had shared with the group. Ash's mouth dropped while Sander stood idly by watching Alaric steadily while Brett was the one that voiced his opinion out loud.

"Yes, this is exactly the time to do it. Vincent attacked this pack because of me, it's only fair to the members that they see the reason why." This wasn't my only reason, but it was the one that the pack members would want the most.

"That's ridiculous! You literally were just kidnapped! Had a panic attack and got your wolf back, now is not the time to rush outside and yell to the world, here I am! That's just suicide!" Brett was basically pulling his hair out at everything I said, while Alaric stayed extremely quiet. Still, I did not move an inch away from where I stood. He made it perfectly clear this morning that his wolf was still on edge. Even though we were marked and mated his wolf still felt as though I would run.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. How would I get them to understand? I opened my eyes and smacked my hands together to gain their attention back.

"Guys, listen, this pack has gone through enough as it is. I owe so much to every single one of you," some of you more than others, "but I owe so much to the members of this pack, and they haven't even met me! Vincent attacked to hurt the pack, but also to scare us. He wants us to hide and cower in fear." The room was silent for a moment as my words sunk in more.

"So, you want to break the fear, that's your goal?" Ash spoke up. I smiled at her, glad that she understood my viewpoint, just like old times.

"Yes, but that's not all." My eyes darted down to Alaric who still hadn't said a word, which was driving me crazy!

"There's more?" Sander asked, I nodded and continued.

"Ya, other than casting fear to this pack there is one thing that Vincent wants most of all." I held up one finger as I spoke.

"And what's that?" Ash asked.

"To have what he lost. That much is clear."

"What does that exactly mean, Clove?" Again, I took in a deep breath. I hadn't talked about what had happened to me in a clear-minded conversation before.

"Where I was being held... it was a makeshift packhouse. Vincent is rich and he has substitute pack members, and he's the Alpha. But that's not what he wants. He doesn't want to be the fake Alpha that no one knows about, he wants to show off this power that he has gained and he wants even more. So, he plans to overthrow Alaric and take over the Obsidian Night pack from the inside."

"What the hell! How the hell is he going to do that from the inside?!"

"This is crazy!" Brett and Ash yelled allowed. I looked away as my hands started to fidget with one another, sweating profusely. I didn't want to be asked this many questions...

*BANG!* Alaric smashed his fist on the desk, causing everyone to go silent. Still, he didn't say a word.

"V-Vincent's goal was to break Alaric and me up. If a Luna and Alpha can't get along then the pack falls and incomes, Vincent to pick up the pieces and save the day. He loves toying with people and manipulating them, especially his pack remembers. They are just puppets to him, a means to an end if he can conquer this pack."

"But you and Alaric are... fine now right?" Brett let the question slip out before he could actually process what he had said. And suddenly the whole room fell silent again as Alaric's eyes burned a bright yellow.