21

"What was that!" Alaric had finally made it back to our room with a majority of the pack, it felt like seeing me being carried away by Alaric.

"What do you mean," and now Alaric didn't see the problem with beating up his Beta.

"You just beat the crap out of Brett and no one thought twice about it. Does, does this happen frequently?" Alaric exhaled and ran his hand through his hair, then turned back to face me.

"Ya, Brett usually crosses the line frequently, it happened all the time when we were younger." Alaric slummed down onto the couch, leaned his head back, and closed his eyes. I hadn't even noticed that a small smile crawled onto my face. I walked over to him, sitting down beside him. I took his right hand in mine and held it as I looked down at Alaric's red knuckles.

"What's this for?" He asked as he saw me beginning to rub my thumb over the small cuts.

"You're hurt, that means you should keep your mate close so you can get better," I said as my smile grew and soon turned into a laugh.

"Is that so?" Alaric's tense and exhausted expression soon relaxed and I saw his eyes begin to cloud to black.

"Just until you get better," I stated and leaned in closer to him. Alaric took his hand out of mine and lost it in my hair pulling me closer to him. Soon we were both lost in passion and before I knew it Alaric had pulled me onto his lap. My mouth melted at the touch of Alaric's and the electricity and sparks that were ignited from his touch took my breath away. All of my problems and worries left my mind when Alaric's hand left my hair and slowly melted down my back. Our kiss was heating up fast and I felt a growl roll through his chest with possessiveness as he kissed me harder, trying to urge me to open my mouth. I was teasing him a little though as I refused every time he ran his tongue over my bottom lip.

It wasn't until his hand traveled further south and pinched me that I gasped in surprise that Alaric took this moment of opportunity to take over every inch of my mouth. I was getting so lost in every touch and kiss and breath that he breathed that I didn't notice Alaric's eyes become completely black as I lifted me up and laid me back down on the couch.

"A-alaric..."I whispered as he began to leave a trail of kisses from my exposed skin on my chest all the way up to my neck. Instead of going back to my mouth though unintentionally Alaric's focus shifted towards the spot in between my neck and shoulder, the spot where he would mark me. I heard another deep growl and my eyes opened trying to look down at Alaric, but one of his hands was holding my neck while the other was wrapped around my waist.

"Alaric!" I called to him a little more urgently, but he continued to kiss and lick the marking spot as if he were preparing to mark me right now! I tried to push him off of me, but he was definitely too heavy for me. I tried to get through to him a few more times, but it didn't work. It wasn't until I felt the sharpness of two fangs begin to grazed over my skin that I spoke up louder.

"ALARIC!" I screamed at him and pushed as hard as I could. He froze, where he was and all that was heard between us was mine and his loud breathing.

"A-alaric?" I whispered to him with an unsteady breath. Slowly he removed his head away from me and turned his attention down to me. I saw the look of confusion inside his dark eyes steadily his fangs retracted back into his mouth. Carefully he moved his hand up to my cheek and moved it across my face. I hadn't even realized I had let tears out of my eyes until Alaric wiped one away.

It wasn't until Alaric's fangs were completely gone and his eyes began to return to their normal green that it seemed that he realized what had almost happened. In no time at all Alaric flew off of me and stumbled back into the bed that was behind him. I sat up almost just as quickly just looking at him as he looked at me not saying anything. This time though his eyes weren't filled with confusion they were filled with regret and fear?

"A-alric?" I moved my feet off the couch and placed them on the floor standing up and took a step closer to him. Quickly though he took several steps away from me until he finally turned his back on me fully and made his way to the door and walked out. As fast as I could I began to chase after him calling his name. Where was he going?!

"Alaric! Wait!" I yelled to him as he was walking fast down the hallway. Just as I was about to catch up with him Alaric stopped and turned to the few warriors at the end of the hall.

"The Luna isn't feeling well, make sure she doesn't leave our room." With that said, Alaric stormed away.

"What! Alaric!" But he didn't turn around he just walked away as the warriors stopped me from following him and began trying to herd me back to the room.

If there was any time that I needed my wolf this would be it! I wanted to tear the guards heads off from stopping me, but most of all I wanted to beat the crap out of Alaric for leaving! What was that about!? He, almost, tried to mark me, he got carried away, we both did... we could have talked about it.. It didn't have to be a big deal, but when he walked off and then proceeded to lock me up! Now it was a big deal!