35

On our way up to Alaric's office, I was concerned about how exactly Brett was going to get my very unnecessary wheelchair up the stairs. It turned out though that the Obsidian Night pack had an elevator. Not many wolves used it, but it was there just in case. In case their Luna was attacked by a warlock named Castle Vernon and had to be put in a  wheelchair to appease her mate. Brett had filled me in on what he could about Castle Vernon. Apparently, he had committed numerous amount of crimes, and being locked away in the Obsidian Night pack was his sentence. Brett wouldn't go into detail about what exactly he did, he said it wasn't the time at the moment and I had to agree. Castle was gone and no one knew where. The worst of it was no one knew what he was going to do now. 

Once we reached Alaric's office Brett stopped the wheelchair right outside of his doors. For some reason, they seemed much bigger and intimidating than they once were. Maybe because I didn't know what was being kept behind them this time and whatever it was I would have to deal with it on my own.

"You're going to see another side of Alaric when we go in there, but for your sake and the sake of the packs, you need to stand your ground." 

"Alright, I just need to get through to him." Brett reached down to me and placed his hand on my shoulder as a small gesture of comfort. 

"Okay, I'm ready." With that said Brett opened up the office doors and pushed me in.

~~~~~

I didn't know what I was expecting. Maybe a flustered Alaric digging through papers that were scattered all of the floor and desk, which they were. Or perhaps an inraged Alaric that had smashed most of the furniture in his office and was yelling and screaming. Though the furniture was damaged beyond repair what I saw was neither of the two.

Alaric, who had kind emerald green eyes, dark hair that was a bit too long that he had to brush it behind his ears once in a while, and a strong jaw bone that was able to hold a perfect smile was not in this room. It looked as if his wolf was fighting for control. Alaric's eyes were a dark yellow, his hair was longer on the border of becoming a fur coat. All while his smile had fangs in it now. He was digging through papers, it seemed like, but every few seconds he just paused and his hand flew to his head to hold it, trying to push back a headache. 

Alaric hadn't noticed my presents yet, which in itself was unusual. I took this time to wave off Brett. He motioned to me that he would be right outside if I needed him. Once Brett had closed the door I turned my attention back to Alaric. I took a deep breath, sat up straight, and folded my hands in my lap. At this moment I was doubting the idea that I showed up in a wheelchair, wouldn't it make me seem weaker and that Alaric needed to protect me more? I guess it was best if I show my weakness now, so Alaric wouldn't force it on me later and dismiss me altogether.

"A-Alaric?" I called his name, but he didn't hear me. I pushed the wheelchair as close to his desk as I could get it, but there were broken pieces of wood on the ground from a  chair or two that had been recked stopping me.

"Alaric," I called once more and this time his eyes darted over to me, but back to the papers, he was trying to work on. It took a few seconds for him to process what he saw because once he realized that I was here his golden eye widened. He pushed back the chair he was sitting on causing it to slam into the wall behind him.

"Clover?" He spoke in a ruff toned voice. More of a growl than anything else.

"Alaric, what's wrong?" Brett had told me I had to stand my ground. He made this whole scenario sound like a mission. A mission to get our Alpha back, that was his job right now at least. His duty was to the people of the pack. However, when Alaric looked at me and our eyes met and I knew what this really was. This was my mission to get my mate back.