39

"Get down!" Brett yelled at us while he also pushes me backward away from the stairs.

I had never seen a rogue before, nor had I had any experience in war. I only knew the stories that were told in school or by my dad. What I did know about rogue though is that they weren't just dangerous because they werewolves, they were dangerous because they had nothing else to lose, but their life. Rogue werewolves that had already either lost their pack, mate, children, or all of the above. It caused them to lose their mind and all sense of who they were.

In my father's opinion at least he disagreed that rogues were dangerous solely because of what they were. They were more dangerous when there was a leader in them. Someone who was able to control them, manipulate them, persuade them into doing horrible things. In my opinion, I had never seen anything more terrifying than the four large wolves dripping in blood that had come barreling up the stairs at us.

"You guys need to shift!" Brett yelled.

In less than a second Brett had shifted into a large brown wolf that ferociously sank his teeth into one of the rogues that came up the stairs. Ash quickly grabbed my hand and pulled me back into the corner of the hallway, trying to get away from the bloodshed in front of us.

"Sander will feel my fear, they'll be on their way as soon as they can, they know we are in trouble," Ash whispered as we both scooted as far back as we could. While Brett was dealing with one of the rogues the other three began creeping their way towards us.

"Why aren't they attacking?" I asked Ash in a hushed toned.

"My guess is they want you alive." One of the rogues, an old looking grey wolf with dry blood caked onto his fur slowly walked towards us growling. Suddenly their ears perked up and the three warrior wolves that Brett had sent to watch our backs came rush towards us. They all shifted in mid-air and tackled the rouges down.

"Ash we have to get out of here now!" I yelled at her, she nodded and we began trying to maneuver our way through the howls of pain and agony. Blood splattered on the walls as well as flesh that was ripped out by jaws. The scene that was unfolding was like a slow-motion horror movie. If felt unreal. Scared and stunned Ash and I managed to stumble down the stairs onto the first floor leading us into the kitchen.

"Where's the bunker?" I asked her as we both shook our nerves firing up screaming at us to choose. Fight or flight, fight, or flight. We had to do something, but we didn't know what.

"Clove get down!" Ash yelled as she dropped the items in her hand and shifted into her small white wolf. A large rogue charged in from outside and pounced quickly at us. Ash met him in the air knocking him to the side. They both slid into the cupboards causing a shatter of dishes to echo through the already screaming packhouse.

"Ash! Get away from him now!" I began running towards her but was suddenly pulled back by a strong force. I was being pinned up against the wall by a hand wrapped around my neck. I gagged as it was getting hard to breath. My eyes watered as if they were crying for oxygen themselves.

"What do we have here? A little bitch?" I looked up at the man who had a smug sneer on his face.

"Let me go!" I rasped out as I tried to scratch at his hand that clamped down on my throat.

"I'll let you go if you tell me where I can find the Luna of the Obsidian Night pack." He leaned in close as he breathed his question to me. His rotting breath fanned my face. At the mention of the word Luna, I flinched away from him.

"No," I managed to get out as I spit on his face as well. He growled as his eyes turned yellow.

"If you don't tell me then I'll kill you and your little friend over there too." He motioned behind him to Ash who had shifted back into her human form and was being pinned to the ground by the wolf she shoved out of the way for me.