58

Ashlyn's POV

After the shocking possibility that I might be pregnant, Sander and I went back to our room in the packhouse to take a proper pregnancy test. Once I took the test it was confirmed. For a moment I just sat in the bathroom with all of my mixed emotions drowning me.

This was the worst possible time to be pregnant.

I'm only 18!

Would I even be a good mom?

Worrying thoughts clouded my mind. Even though it was pretty normal for newly mated wolves to have their first pup early, and I knew that, but now that it was me it seemed so fast.

Not to mention Sander would be over the moon. Ya, over the moon insanity protective. Goodbye, sweet freedom. I had you for a day and now I bid you farewell.

*knock, knock*

I took a deep breath as I stood up from the bathroom floor. A lot of things would change now because I was pregnant and not just Sander's protectiveness for me.

For one unlike human pregnancies werewolves were faster. That's why most packs were so large. Instead of waiting 9 months, the average werewolf pregnancy lasted only 5. That also meant instead of waiting 3 weeks to find out if you were pregnant werewolves could find out within a week or 2.

The most notable change that came with being pregnant was shifting. In the early stage of pregnancy, when for some reason the person didn't know they were pregnant, it was found to shift. If you were to shift while you were a month in then it would be like forcing a shift into the baby. Bad. The baby inside of me was a werewolf, but I guess like Clover, at the moment it didn't have a wolf.

With me not being able to shift until after I had the baby I would be 0 to no help with anything.

I slowly opened the door to see Sander towering outside of it looking down at me. His chest tightened and I could feel his anxiety. He thought it was a false alarm, he thought I might not actually be pregnant and that worried him. I felt his want and desire to have a pup. I looked up in his eyes and my own began to water.

"I'm pregnant," I whispered to him. In a moment the door was burst open and in an instant, I was wrapped up in his arms.

"Oh thank the Moon Goddess!" He held me with such love and care it eased my worrying mind.

"Sander, you're hugging me too tight. I can't breathe." I gasped out and in response, Sander quickly let me go but didn't step away from me. He just looked down at my stomach in aw.

"Sander, stop looking, it's not going to get any bigger today." He chuckled as he pulled me into another hug and kissed my forehead.

"I'm sorry, I'm just amazed right now."

"I know... but Sander, I don't want you to freak out."

"Why would I freak out? I'm super excited!" I eyed him to see if he was lying to me or not. The only thing on his face was a blinding smile that almost blinded me.

"Not, freak out because of this, but freak out because of other things..." I tried to hint at what I was referring to, but it didn't seem like he was getting it.

"Ash, I really don't know what you're saying right now, but you should definitely call your parents and I'll call mine...." I mentally groaned at the fact that I had to tell my parents. Of course, I wanted them to know, but I knew the moment they found out they would want me to visit or want to come here, and with Sander as a mate neither were an option, especially right now.