60

Clover's POV

It was cold, no, I think it was more than that it was more of the absence of heat, light, and comfort. I wasn't talking about a house or a room or a bed, no, it was my own body.

"How are you, my dear?" I felt his hand brush my lose hair in front of my face behind my ear.

"Cold."

"Hmmm? Really...and how does it feel?" I stared blankly at the ground. The ground... it was different from the old stone of the Battle Creeks basement. No, this was more of a cold slab of cement.

"W-where am I?"

*slap*

"Don't answer a question with a question. Now how does it feel?"

"Feel?" Feel? What did he mean? Was there something I was meant to feel other than being cold?

"I feel... cold." I watched as Region's body shook with laughter at my answer.

"Hahaha! Yes, I understand. Well, here's another question for you. Do you want to be warm?" I didn't respond to that question. How could I? I think anything I said would just result in my getting slapped.

"I'm going to give you back to Alaric today, but don't worry, I'll be close by making sure you're alright."

"A-Alaric?" Is that what warmth was? Was it him? Could he take away the cold? Would it be better than this feeling? This absence?

"Yes, you remember him don't you, I didn't mess up your brain that much that you would forget him did I?"

"I-I remember!" I called out as I looked up to him. Brown eyes, so cold."

"You sound so eager to see him, that's fine, I'll allow it. I'll allow you to feel the warmth that you bring you, but just remember, the cold always finds a way to take away the heat." He said as he pressed a hand to my throat.

"Don't worry I won't kill you, just putting you to sleep for a moment... and I do hope you like your goodbye gift. I sent it to your last known address. I have a feeling you'll know what to do with it."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I could feel it, it was new and wonderful and it felt so familiar. Was this warmth?

"CLOVER!"

I heard it, I could hear him. His voice. Reminding me of the nights I would stay up praying to hear it again, for him to come bursting into a room and save me, now, to think it was actually here. Echoing in the dark.

"Wake up! Please wake up!" My eyes shifted as my lids flew open to see him. Had it been a year since the last time we saw each other? He had a beard, it wasn't scruffy or patchy it was a thick and ruff. Unkept. The skin under his eyes had darkened that it almost looked like it was bruised, and somehow his face seemed more hallow, drained.

"A-Alaric?" I knew it was him, from his scent, and touch that sparked electricity with every touch.

"Yes, oh thank the Moon Goddess." He cried as he pulled me closer to him, it was only when he pulled back to look at me again that I was confused. Confused because the look on his face seemed disturbed as he looked down at me.

"W-what's wrong?" I asked as I reached my hand up to touch his face. Let me touch him with my own free will, let him be real in my own hands.

"Nothing let's get you back home," he mumbled, eyes still glued to me as he picked him up in his arms. I sunk into his chest that was emitting such warmth from it. I closed my eyes in peace for the first time in a long time.