49

Ashlyn's POV

"Put me down!" I kicked my legs furiously, but it didn't seem to faze Sander one but as he carried me out of the dumb of a graveyard and back to the surface.

"If you think I'm ever going to let you go now you have another thing coming for you." He gruffed out, still very pissed off at me that I had run away with Clover.

"Like I said before I'm sorry! She needed my help though! She's my best friend-"

"And I'm your mate! You didn't think to tell me you were leaving let alone during an invasion of the pack!?" We were not outside and the moon now hung strongly in the night sky, casting down a white glow onto Sander's tense face. 

Sander had been carrying me over his shoulder, once we were outside he picked my up as if I weighed nothing and set me down onto the ground. My small height didn't even come close to his as he towered over me with his arms crossed in disappointment.

"I couldn't just leave her, Sander," I spoke softly, hoping he would understand. I kept telling Clover that he would, and deep down I knew it was true, it would just take a few days or weeks to get there.

"No, you couldn't, but you could have been smarter about it." I rolled my eyes at him, he was starting to sound like my dad, and I did not need that. Let alone want that. Sander obviously saw my sarcastic eyes role and growled. Wrapping his arms around my waist he pulled me flush against his chest, tingles burning across our skin as we touched. He buried his head into the crook of my neck, inhaling my scent that he had gone for so long without. 

"Don't roll your eyes at me, you won't like the consequences." He said huskily as he began to kiss up and down my neck causing sparks to fly off of my mark. His whole entire presence intoxicated me, making me lose focus on Clover and all the issues at hand.

"What are these so-called consequences." I slurred out as my hands rose up against his back and began to tangle themselves in his hair.

"Let me show you," he whispered as his mouth took a leap from my jaw connecting with force to my lips. His hands found their way to my face, holding it in place so he could put all of his weight behind this kiss. 

I teased him for a moment or more, not allowing him access to my mouth, but when I felt his growl of disapproval and a sharp pain as he bit down on my lip I gasped in surprise. He took this moment of weakness to slip his tongue in between my lips and ravish my mouth. Consuming every inch, as if I was a cigarette and he had to inhale me in one single breathe.

When he finally pulled away I was gasping for my own breath and my head collapsed onto his chest. I missed him, everything about him. I closed my eyes in content as I breathed in everything about him. I felt his hands on my face as they lifted my eyes back to his and he looked deeply into them.

"Don't you dare run away from me again, do you understand." His voice was deep and serious and I knew he meant every word. I slowly nodded as he brought my head back down and wrapped his arms protectively around me.

"Does this mean I'm not grounded?" I joked as a small giggle escaped my lips and a large vibrating laugh rumbled through Sanders's chest.

"You're grounded for the rest of your life, Angel." Even though he laughed as he told me this I still knew that I wasn't getting away scot-free. There would be hell to pay when we got back home I knew that much.

"Why do you sound so serious when you say that..." I laughed nervously.

"Because Angel, don't think I didn't notice what you're wearing." His hands ran down the black dress. Spaghetti straps that hid nothing and the length that barely ended mid-thigh on me.