65

I was running, I don't think I had run this hard in my life. Ash and I were on our way back to the packhouse. I needed to get back to Alaric, now that I had my wolf...

"Clover, are you blushing?"

"Oh shut up!" I yelled back at Ash as I pushed myself harder to run.

It wasn't the most romantic way to get marked, but we were out of time. In the end, though I didn't care. This mating bond was so strong, I didn't even know how I was able to be so far away from Alaric now without losing my mind.

"Clove! Slow down! I can't keep up!"

"It's fine, I'll go on ahead, tell the guys to let Alaric go! He'll meet me halfway." I knew he would no matter where I was in this entire pack I knew he would find me. Ash nodded and looked relieved that she didn't have to run anymore. Although Ash seemed to be pretty early in her pregnancy werewolf pregnancies are different from humans. For one they are much shorter, taking 5-6 months. Meaning that her body does everything it can to preserve energy and nutrients for the pup inside. Also meaning Ash would be unable to shift until her pup was born. One reason out of many why male wolves are overprotective of their mates while pregnant.

I watched as Ash veered into the side entrance of the packhouse while I made my way into the front. I had to try and get to our room before he found me or else he'd mark me in the middle of the hallway! Although I knew this wasn't going to be a pop of champian and rose peddles I did not want to get marked in the middle of a hallway where pack members could come and watch! I was embarrassed enough when he threw me over his shoulder that one day!

Making my way through the front door and over to the side stairs I ran up flight after flight. On the third floor, with our room just down the hallway, I froze. His sent was everywhere in the hallway. A sent this strong, especially an Alpha's would ward away other wolves from entering his territory.

My goal was to at least make it to our room before he found me, I was still bathed in Iris' blood and although Alaric might be distracted from now actually being able to mark me without killing me I think the blood on my clothes would give him pause.

I didn't even get the chance to make it to our room before a deep growl came from behind me. I whirled around to see a very tall and extremely pissed off Alaric, with pitch-black eyes. There was no more storm, he had made up his mind.

"A-Alaric.," I said with wide eyes not believing it was him. His facial features seemed so much stronger and his muscles seemed to flex on their own accord. Waiting to pounce, itching to come closer to me.

"Alaric, I-" before I could finish my sentence Alaric moved so fast I didn't even have time to react, even with my newfound speed. I was slammed up against the wall with both of his arms pinning me between him. My head smacked the wall with a bang, only for the pain to fade away quickly. Faster healing has its perks.

I looked back up to Alaric, not knowing what he would do next. He just stared down at me his eyes taking everything in. The more he noticed about me the more his chest vibrated with anger.

"The hell is on you." He questioned darkly.

"Um, b-blood." I stuttered idiotically, not knowing what else to say.

"Yours-"

"No!" I shouted. He stared at me harder and soon the anger in his face subsided. Slowly he leaned down his arms coming closer together boxing me in even more than I already was. His nose trailed down the side of my face, ignoring the blood, and into the crook of my neck inhaling my scent.

"Alaric" I whispered out, nervous as to what he was going to do, especially in the middle of a hallway.

Suddenly, he quickly grabbed my hand and grew a claw on his finger slicing my palm open!