66

I woke up in Alaric's arms, something that I never thought would happen. Something that should have happened the night we first met, but because of a stupid curse and a raging man rogue Alpha, everything was put on hold. Secrets were kept for better and definitely for worse, but we had made to here. This one moment where everything seemed to be worth it. All the pain and suffering to end up here with Alaric sleeping. He was completely at peace. No more of the wild Alpha in the living room who clawed up the couch to try to keep me from walking away from him. 

However, I knew I wanted to cherish this moment as much as I could, but there were issues that needed to be addressed. For one Vincent, he was still out there willing and waiting for the next moment to strike our pack. He had gotten the upper hand on us every time we came in contact. At the burial ground, using me as bait to gain access to the Obsidian Night pack while it's Alpha was gone rescuing it's Luna... A pathetic Luna who use to be scared of death and war, who was raised to never through a punch, that's not who he saved though. Alaric saved a cold calculating Luna, who when it came down to a crisis would kill anything that stood in her way to achieve her goal. 

It wasn't a choice, it was pure instinct, ingrained into every muscle of my being. Kill to get what you want, break apart what's in front of you to get what you need. Just like the bodies in the basement for a decent meal. 

I shook my head, it made me cringe to think of myself like that, but I knew I had changed since then too. Just from being with Alaric and gaining my wolf back, I had become someone else. As if I could easily see myself as two separate people. One a killer and the other a mate. Instead of being a fracture like Vincent wanted me to be and then built up into how he wanted me now, I was just torn. 

Who was I supposed to be? A Luna who couldn't lead? A mate who lied and betrayed her mate? A best friend who turned her back? A tortured and broken victim who suffered through many things in the basement of a psychopath? 

"You're thinking about it all wrong," Alaric mumbled next to me, which nearly gave me a heart attack, but most definitely caused a spike in my blood pressure.

"W-what?" I looked up at him to try and understand. Did he just read my mind? Alaric smiled and kissed the top of my head.

"You left your wall down, so I could hear your clouded thoughts." 

"What!" My face began to heat up in embarrassment. 

HE HEARD EVERYTHING!!

"I didn't hear everything, you were confused so your thought came off muffled and unclear. Like a few words here and there, but the main message came across." I groaned as I buried my face deeper into Alaric's bare chest. I wanted to die, right now. I was so hot with embarrassment.

"You're thinking about it all wrong though Clove." 

"What am I doing wrong." I groaned, still too focused on my humiliation to really care.

"Don't think about it as to who you are supposed to be, think about it as who you are. You might be everything you fear and you might be everything you want to be, but you are definitely everything I love."

Ah! When he says things like that I don't know what to say!

"Listen, Clove, I know you have a lot on your mind, but we're in this together now, okay?" I smiled as a feeling of relief washed over me.

"H-how are you?" I wanted to know how he was doing, yesterday was crazy for me, but for Alaric, he had literally lost control of his wolf for a moment. I heard him release a heavy sigh as he buried his face into my neck, placing a few small kisses on my new mark.