14

Clover's POV

"W-what? Clover are you serious?" After confessing to Ash about well everything I think I shocked her. So much so that she started to cry.

"Ash, please don't cry."

"How can I not! All this time you've had to carry this secret while also trying to take into consideration Alaric's feelings as well as the safety of the packs. I'm so sorry Clove." In no time at all Ash had wrapped her arms around me and pulled me into a tight hug.

"Ash, it's okay, it's okay, for now, I've come to terms with it. It does feel great though that someone else knows, I have to say."

"So, what do you need me for? What are you going to do about your wolf?"

"That's what I need your help with, I need to find a way to fix this, but I have no idea where to start and I need to do something soon before Alaric marks me." After explaining everything to Ash even though I had just told her not to cry I found myself getting misty talking about it. In my head when I thought about this secret and Alaric and the pack I always thought about it strategically and what needed to be done, but now that I told Ash about it and it was out in the open I felt so vulnerable.

"I see! Well, I think the best place to start would probably be the library! I heard from Sander on my tour of the pack that all of the pack's records and history are stored there. You can't possibly be the first werewolf to have an issue shifting. I'm sure we'll find some answers there."

"You're probably right, but I don't think Alaric would let me go there on my own or with you. He's pretty hell-bent on keeping me as close to him as possible."

"That's right I was going to talk to you about that! What's up with you guys?"

"What do you mean?" Was there something wrong with Alaric and I that I didn't know about?

"You guys are mates, like new mates and I know he hasn't marked you because of what happened back at Bright Moon, but all I see between you two is this tension and Alaric being very worried about you, more worried than he needs to be." Hmmm, had Alaric and I really been like? From what I understood new mates did mark right away...

"Clove, stop I know what you're doing. You're thinking about other people and what usually happens, stop. I'm not talking about what's supposed to happen, I'm talking more about what's not happening. The romance!"

"Romance?!" for some reason the thought of romance hadn't even crossed my mind yet.

"YA! Like when I met Sander! We kissed in the first few hours that we met and he's made me breakfast and we've been on walks together and I love my life a little more every time he walks in the room. Ah, just thinking about him makes me smile." Ash giggled as she held her hands up to her face fanning herself down.

"I don't think I understand, I mean it's only been two days and he is the Alpha he's probably busy, but I don't really feel those things towards Alaric. Of course I feel the sparks when we touch and ... and y-yes he's handsome, b-but..." I began to twirl my hair between my fingers. Somehow from Ash describing how happy she was with Sander made me feel bad about my own relationship with Alaric.

"A-Ash I was okay, shocked at first when I found out I couldn't shift and I was worried and scared when I found out I had a mate and had to be a Luna and I'm terrified that I'm keeping this a secret. All of those things I could handle because I need to for-for the sake of the pack, but am-am I missing out on more than just not being able to shift? My bond with Alaric is-is it weak? Cause I'm not that happy right now, even though I should be, I think if anything I feel sick." My vision began to blur from the tears coming out of my eyes and I felt my stomach reaching up to my throat.