55

Ashlyn's POV

Alaric shifted into his wolf and ran off to Iris's cabin. After I had explained everything I then was forced to give him detailed directions as to how he could find Iris's cabin. Once Alaric left I turned my attention back to Sander giving him a pointed look.

"You are not taking me back to the pack!" I yelled at him. There was no way I was going to sit this out. Right now Clover needed me and I was the one that knew her the most, knew how she thought, and if anyone was going to punch the crap out of that skank of a witch, it was going to be me.

"Ash-" Sander began but stopped once I held my hand up in front of his face.

"No! You listen here! I'll take whatever "punishment" Alpha Alaric has for me when we get back, but I am going to that cabin and I'm going to teach that witch a lesson! She's not going to get a single piece of her dead sister unless she upholds her end of the deal!" I huffed out a hot breath, still fired up from my demands to Sander.

I was a hundred percent prepared for Sander to just pick me up and start walking back to the pack, even be angry with me for suggesting that we disobeying Alaric's orders, but he didn't. Instead, a kind and calm smile spread across his face as he looked down me with admiringly.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Sander didn't respond as his hold on me tightened and he pulled me closer to him and placed a quick kiss on my lips.

"What are you doing, what is this?" I was very suspicious as to why he was acting like this.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Yes, you do. What are you doing, why are you so nice right now? You heard everything I did, that Clover and I did and I just told you that not only did I disobey you in the past, but I'm going to do it again. I am. Right now, I'm disobeying you." I shook my hands in front of him as if that would help him understand everything that was happening right now.

"Hahahaha! Ashlyn, I heard everything you said, and don't get me wrong I'm taken aback by everything that has happened. I still haven't forgiven you for making me worry so much, but I love you, and right now you're safe. You supported your best friend the best way you knew how and I'm positive you didn't just sit by while she debated keeping this secret." I looked down to the ground thinking back to the times when I suggested to Clover that she was able to tell Alaric and things wouldn't have been so bad.

"Y-you're right..." I mumbled and then received another kiss on my forehead.

"I'm not going to take you back to the pack. We have to help Alaric. Whether he likes it or not he's going to need us right now." My mouth fell open in disbelief.

"What?! You were never going to take me back! I thought you would have been cheering once Alaric gave you that order and lock me up forever and told me that it would be too dangerous." Sander laughed hard at that and then smirked down to me.

"Don't get me wrong as soon as we get back from helping Alaric you won't be leaving the packhouse let alone our room without me, but I'm with you right now so you're safe with me." A blush crept up to my cheeks. I couldn't help but feel there was a double meaning to his words.

I quickly pushed away from Sander and stripped off the shirt he gave to me.

"Ashlyn," Sander growled in disapproval of me revealing so much of myself to literally no one, but the squirrels.

"I'm going to shift Sander, don't get your panties in a bunch." I laughed as I also slipped out of the black dress. Sander's eyes darkened at the sight of me and the corner of his mouth twitched in irritation.