18

After Alaric and I ate our lunch, which was a steak dinner with mashed potatoes with grilled asparagus, I was stuffed and felt like crashing down onto the bed. I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep though with the 24 hours plus of sleep I had in my back pocket. So, instead I brushed my teeth and made my way to the door of the bedroom.

"Where do you think you're going?" Alaric chimed in from the couch where he had his laptop resting on his lap and he did some work.

"Just making a quick run to your office, I left the bag of clothes that Ash brought me."

"Just wear something from the closet, I'll have an omega fetch it for you," Alaric told me not looking up from his laptop. Probably for the best, because he didn't see me roll my eyes at his comment.

"It's fine, I'm more than capable. Besides this is a good test for you," I smirked at him, which made him look up from his work.

"And what do you mean by test, my dear mate." I put my hands on my hips giving him a pointed look.

"Alaric I'm walking to your office to grab a paper bag. If you can't handle that how are you going to handle me going to the library tomorrow?" His eyes narrowed at my words and he set aside his laptop and stood up making his way over to me. Before he could get too close I giggled and quickly threw open the door and darted out.

"Ten minutes! Stay there." I called back to him as I quickly dashed down the hall.

I walked down the hallway and made it to Alaric's office. I got in and got out in no time at all. I peaked in the bag once more, just to make sure everything was in there and I didn't notice the tall brunette walking towards me with a look of fury on her face until I was rammed into the wall by a shoulder.

"Ugh!" I yelled as I fell back into the wall. I looked up to see the brunette who hit me only to not see anyone at all, she kept on walking after she hit me. This would not fly, even if I didn't have my wolf I was the Luna of this pack and such a blunt display of disrespect towards any Luna would not be tolerated.

"Excuse me, I think you owe me an apology," I told the girl who stopped and spun around fast on her stilettos, that she definitely didn't need to.

"Excuse me?" She asked with a viper attitude.

"I said you owe me an apology and you should definitely watch where you're going," I told her with confidence.

"Ha! Bitch let me tell you something, I don't owe you a damn thing least of all my respect. You're just a wanna be Luna that will run this pack into the ground!" Wow, she obviously had a lot of opinions of me even though we hadn't met yet... 100 bucks her name was Courtney.

"Let me guess you think you can do better?" I asked with a small smile on my face.

"Damn straight I could! I got the looks and Alaric would pick me over you any day!" This girl seemed to be very delusional... did she miss the biology class when the teacher educated everyone on mates and how it's physically impossible for a mate to choose anyone other than their own mate to be with?

"Hmm, ok let me take another guess then. Is your name Courtney?" I asked her.

"Ha! So, you've heard of me!"

"Yes, but not in the way you're thinking of." I laughed a little more, this girl seemed more bark than bite. Like she had all these grand ideas of herself becoming Luna, but there was no way of it actually happening, and yet she couldn't let the dream go.

"How dare you!" She pulled her hand back and was winding it up for a slap, I felt it in my gut that I wouldn't survive a slap from a fully fueled wolf with my current condition. I wasn't trained in combat or anything like most of the stronger wolves in the Bright Moon pack or even the Obsidian Night pack, but I could dodge a punch or two if I saw it coming. I ducked underneath her arm and looked up at her face when she realized that she didn't hit me.

"And from your actions you've shown me you've just disproved your own words that you would be a better Luna than I. I wouldn't hit another pack member to try and rebuild damaged pride. I don't care who you are honest, I don't care if you like Alaric or if you just want him for the power because I know and you know that he will never be yours and you will never be the Luna of this pack, even the moon goddess knew that much." She stood there stunned at my words, her mouth hanging open like a fish's.

"W-why, y-you.." She stumbled out.

"But you see I also know that for people like you, who think they deserve more than what life has already blessed you with my words will mean nothing to you. They will only make you more mad, so know this as well. I'm not going to stoop to your level and I will not be provoked. You might try to get a reaction out of me, but that won't happen because I'm going to leave now and tell Alaric, yes I'm a tattle tail, but I'd rather make myself clear now than suffer through the headache of "fighting" with you. If you can call it that. So, leave Ash alone, leave me alone and wait, because I'm sure the moon goddess will give you the mate you deserve very soon." I walked away from her and began my way back to my room.

"I'll expect that apology tomorrow!" I called back towards her and although my wolf hearing wasn't the best. I was still able to hear her whisper under her breath.

"You'll regret this." 

Her words echoed on my mind and a part of me rolled my eyes, but another part thought that I should keep my eyes peeled. Girls like Courtney wouldn't go down with a few good talking to's. I knew that for sure. I also had to consider if I really was going to tell Alaric about her, I sighed out loud. Of all the things I was already keeping from him the last thing I needed was to add another secret to the list.