[66]

The little girl stumbled down the hallway barefoot, a mischievous grin on her face

The little girl stumbled down the hallway barefoot, a mischievous grin on her face. Despite feeling the icy cold against her exposed skin, she made do with the light pink night gown. Behind her she dragged a white bunny plushie, as she always did.

Coming to an end to the huge marvel hallway, only then did she begin to hear the voices coming from the front hall.

She peaked out her head, looking into the brightly lit up space only to see the two giants in the middle of it. One was holding the other tightly, as the muffled sounds of sobs came from their direction.

"Shhh, Chungcha, honey. Don't cry, we're going to find her."

"How? How will we find her?! The police has done nothing for us!" The woman cried out in the most heart-broken voice.

The little girl's grimace slowly fell as she realized that her mother was crying.

"Please stop crying or Soomin will hear you." The man pleaded softly, hand running through her long hair lovingly.

"I don't care about Soomin right now! But Aera on the other hand..." The woman took a deep, tear-filled gasp for air as she tried to calm herself down. "She's only 3... we have to find her."

"Don't worry about it, I've already got my agents on it. We'll get her back." The man assured, using his hand to push his crying wife's head back against his chest. "And Ms.Song will pay. I'll be sure to put her in prison." 

Donghyuck's eyes slowly began opening, the warmness and ghostly feeling of slumber slipping out of his body. Gradually, he sat up in the bed, stretching out his stiff limbs whilst looking around the empty room.

But he was given a small fright as he spotted the girl sitting next to him, a worryingly pale yet calm expression on her face.

"Soomin?" He asked, putting down his raised hands.

Upon receiving no response, Donghyuck frowned slightly whilst scanning her with worried eyes. "Min? Are you okay? What's wrong?"

Soomin let out a short, shaky breath as she looked up, eyes glossy. She seemed to be in a state of shock, so much so that nothing came out when she opened her mouth to speak.

Despite being worried sick, Donghyuck didn't inch her to talk, but gently took her hands and stroked his thumbs on them comfortingly. He made sure that Soomin knew that he was there to listen, no matter what happened.

"Hyuck... I..." The girl began, but choked up on her words.

"You don't need to tell me right now, just make sure to breat-"
"I'm so stupid."

"No you're not." Donghyuck frowned. "Why would you think so?"

"Ms.Song..." Soomin began hesitantly, beginning to tremble. "I know her. I remember her, Donghyuck, she used to work for our family long long ago." 

The boy was speechless, staring down at the girl as she turned into a nervous wreck. "I'm not perfectly sure when or how, but I just remembered that when I was young I heard my mom crying about someone named Aera. But my parents never mentioned anything after that and so I think that Aera may be-"

"-Yuna." Donghyuck concluded in a breathy tone.

Soomin gulped with a slight nod. "Yeah."

"Do you think you remember what happened?" He grasped onto her hands tighter, though it didn't feel suffocating.

"I'm not sure, but they said something about Aera then suing someone named Ms.Song. My best guess is that she may have taken the child and ran away. And never to be found again, I guess." 

Donghyuck hummed lowly, not really sure how to react to the sudden news.

So Yuna wasn't Ms.Song's child after all. And her name wasn't even Yuna, it was Aera.

"This is so messed up..." He muttered under his breath whilst staring down into his lap.

But just then did the realization hit Soomin. It was so sudden and hard that it immediately forced tears down her reddened cheeks and her throat to emit a choked sob.

Immediately alerted, Donghyuck looked up. "Soomin?"  

"So that's what she meant... that's what she meant all along." The girl whispered. She looked up to meet his eyes. "Remember how I told you about my mother's last words? About seeing 'her'? 

Yuna. The one she saw was Yuna. 

And even though it had been years, she still remembered her daughter's face. She still cared so much that it made her go into cardiac arrest."

And even though Soomin wanted to continue speaking, she was cut off by Donghyuck wrapping his hands around her and pulling her into a tight hug. That just set the girl off, making her a weeping mess as she buried her head deep into his chest. Donghyuck held her through it, bringing her as close as he possibly could.

It was done. They had finally figured it out.

soo, how we feeling? What do you think they will do with all this info?