𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

After setting a fire pit, Uraume decided to rest. I sat at the log and stare at the fire that blazes brightly. It was a cold night and I feel the warm waved through my body as the fire's cackled in the pit.

A sound of footsteps coming towards and I shift my body and it was sukuna with a glare on his face "Where have you been?" I asked.

He growled and scoffed "Just checking if there's someone around us." He answered and sat on the another wooden log. Things went quiet in between and I continue staring at the fire awkwardly.

"You should sleep, I'll lookout." I said breaking the silence between us.

"I never sleep." He simply answered. I sighed and feel disappointed, I wanted him to talk more. Does he even know how to talk to a person?

If he becomes quiet, his face just becomes bored and stares blankly at the ground. It's too hard to read him and I can't tell what he's thinking, It always make me wonder what's running through his head.

"I ask this before but you never answered: How'd you get the tattoos on your face?" I questioned he give me a short second of eye contact.

"I just get them."

"You're weird." I blurted out "Back in the few days you're grumpy, but right now you seem calmed." I added, I take a peek on my side to take a look at his appearance head to toe. His arms are the definite example of perfection, he gives a gruff look making his voice and his stern look perfectly equal. I slapped my face... No.

"Are you thinking dirty thoughts dumbtwat?" He ask making a wry smile formed on his lip, I looked away and coughed "Why would I think 'dirty' thoughts to someone like you?" I avert my gaze back at ground.

"If you are, then freely tell me anytime you want." He boldly smirked and I can feel my face tinted deep red.

"I will never!" I talked back, he pretends to do a thinking gesture "Then does that mean you did?" He pointed out. My fsce hardened and tightened my grip 'He's enjoying this, bastard...'

"No, I never think about impure thoughts to anyone!" I admitted, "What about the hot spring?" He reminded and I flushed with embarrassment, I stood up and went to sleep elsewhere near in the camp. I heard a distant laugh and I tend to ignore it.

'These past few days he was so grumpy and now he enjoyed teasing me! What is wrong with him?!' I mentally sighed.

I decided to lay down and trying to scratch out away the embarrassing conversation between us. I groaned and try to cover my face with both of my hands.

I can't still sleep even something embarrassing happened...

I sighed and stare blankly at the starry night sky, stars were twinkling brightly and I couldn't help but feel saddened after everything happened back at the time.

Naka abused my trust at her, I trusted her with my whole life, she's like a sister to me... It felt so surreal and unacceptable.

Thinking about it, I was part of this 'arrange marriage' thing. The Hyakken family leader would be upset if they thought I ran away, probably the family leader would recommend to my father that to do a search party and find me to bring me back home.

I couldn't find myself happy if I was set off to marry a person who I don't even like, Was it Hyakken Akihito perhaps? I think that was his name. He seems like a caring guy and carefree and he seemed to understand right away when something is not right, He would be better with the right person.

I, who spent a life inside of the household being taught what is right and wrong, who lives with a strict father and forbids to have any contact until at the age of fifteen. I was taught using jujutsu curse techniques if ever there will be a tragedy upcoming. My mentor always cheered me up with sweets, and jokes that sometimes I find it annoying.

Most of the elders in the household told me I was 'talented' enough to fight a strong cursed spirit but father forbids me so. Back at that small village, the goat-man was my first.

I blinked a few and decided to close my eyes and wash these thoughts away and hope that father is okay.

...

...

...

...

I woke up and yawned, I stood up and went to uraume and sukuna. Uraume was readily packing and arrange some things at the wagon and meanwhile Sukuna was sitting at the exact wooden log same as last night and staring bored at the ground.

"Master Sukuna we should start our walk, for now, I'm sure we can arrive early at the Old man Mako's place." Uraume suggested and Sukuna stood up and simply ignore Uraume and start walking.

I'm sure he's back at being grumpy. I helped Uraume pushing the wagon and continue our walk.

"Say Uraume, who is this 'Old man Mako' that you're planning to visit?" I asked, "Well Old man Mako is a sorcerer, but Master Sukuna owes him a lot!" Uraume smiled simply after saying those words.

"Without him, Master Sukuna would recklessly create havoc back at the place he helped from that wretched woman." Uraume added.

"What do you mean by that?" I questioned, Uraume realized what they said "Forget the rest of what I had said, what matter is old man mako would be happy we bring along someone on our gloomy journey." Uraume gives an assuring smile.

"Maybe he can make you an accessory that is imbued with cursed energy to protect yourself."

Uraume doesn't want me to know something, I completely went silent and have a thought: I had spend traveling with them without knowing anything a single thing about them. Who exactly are uraume and sukuna?

Why does Uraume keep calling Sukuna 'Master'?

"Sorry if that scared you, we are just being cautious to anyone around us. We are what you call a 'wanted criminals.'"

I look warily at Sukuna walking in front of us, he does look suspicious. Is it because of the tattoos on his face? No, no, the elders taught me not to judge anyone by their looks. At first he threatened me not to go back, what made him say that?

What if Uraume and Sukuna were chased by some people who want them to die cruelly? Does this look like being chased? They walk so pretty calmly about it!

Then what are they?

I sighed at the thought, I'm just overthinking. This old man mako is probably sukuna's grandpa and sukuna decided to visit the Old man because Sukuna misses him.

Maybe I should wait, and see what will happen next.

End of Chapter 8

(A/n: UWAHHHHHHHH TUT Freaking modules, But I'm happy someone read my story even though my writing sucks it even reach 1k IM SO THANKFUL, THANK YOU SO MUCH! 😭🙇‍♀️💘.

I already prepared the Chapter 9 and 10 but I need to review it again before I publish it TTWTT

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THAN YOU THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUU TOT♥️)