𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞

We kept traveling for almost four days, and I could not but keep always complaining. Uraume just kept saying 'we are already close, please be patient Y/n' but traveling for four days doesn't look close to me, I swiftly fan myself using my hand as sweat ran down my face.

The season of summer is coming, things are getting hot and I'm sweating hard in the broad daylight.

"Where is this old man's place exactly? Uraume, you said we are close a lot of times and I think I'm dying of the heat of the sun!" I complained.

I wiped my sweat using my hands. "Stop complaining, We're almost there." Sukuna shushed me and I scoffed at his response.

Uraume chuckled "Looks like you're suffering on the heat Y/n, do you want to rest? Maybe we could stop for a while." Uraume offered, I shake my head as a 'no' reply.

They weren't bothered walking under the heat of the sun, They weren't sweating at all! I am the only one who is probably sweating here, the sun is burning my skin so badly. I just want to jump in the water and enjoy the cold.

"No, once we arrive at this 'place' you say, maybe I could dip in cold water and freshen up." I urged them to walk faster.

Hours later, we are now walking in the deep forest, and not even the ray of sun can get inside the forest nor you could see the clouds. The forest was covered with leaves and the air was thick and hard to breathe in.

The forest was quiet, there was no sound of the living creatures in the distance. Everything was quiet and still.

"Y/n please bear for a while, we are close," Uraume affirmed and I nodded, on the other hand, Sukuna was grumpy as ever, the other day he was completely annoyed by my complaints and worries. Before I could even talk he would shush me up!

He keeps telling me to shut my mouth but I just could not handle it.

Uraume and sukuna stopped in their tracks and I was confused about the environment that surrounded us. It was eerie and the silence of the forest is what makes it scary "Let's wait for a while." Uraume stated and I give them a confused looked and decided to follow Uraume's statement.

We waited almost an hour and suddenly fogs are starting to appear out of nowhere, and in front of us were stairs slowly appearing and ancient lion statues slowly producing a small light in their mouth.

Sukuna started to walk down the stairs and so as Uraume. "Are you gonna left the wagon here?" I questioned.

"Are you stupid or what? Do you think we can drag the wagon along the stairs?" Sukuna grunted, "Let's go before these stairs gonna disappear." Sukuna added.

As we walked along the stairs, I realized the stairs were neverending to walk. Before I could speak again "Brat, are you gonna complain again?" Sukuna retorted.

After another hour of stair walk, we arrived at the destination, and I was surprised the place was a shrine the place itself was dark and the place wasn't cleaned. The shrine was covered with vines and mosses, it has unique carvings and architectural features of the shrine.

Did we get into the right place?

Uraume slightly laughed "Y/n that shrine is abandoned the place where the old man lives is just near it." Uraume reassured and I sigh with relief. As we reached the place, the place itself was big. Big enough for a big family to live in...

The place was old but it's comfortable to live around, probably the environment was different and it's giving a home feel.

"Is that you Sukuna?" A sound coming from behind. We turned our back on who it was, and it was a beautiful woman with brown hair and wearing a beautiful kimono.