𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

"Y/n?"

I turned back on the voice coming from behind and it was Uraume holding a basket of fresh peaches. "Uraume! You called?" I chirped.

Uraume was completely shocked by my appearance, My hair was disheveled and also my eyes were completely tired and deep dark.

"Did you sleep well last night?" Uraume asked with a concerning voice and I nodded and give Uraume a cheerful smile and Uraume was speechless because my look was completely horrible.

My kimono is cleaned and neat but my look was messy and my hair was disheveled.

There wasn't a comb inside of the house, well except for Natsume's belongings. Combing her hair is part of her nightly routine, asking her to borrow is a big no. I wouldn't bother borrowing it anyway, after all trying to poison me with a cup of tea is an utter failure.

I asked Uraume to let me carry the basket of peaches, the peaches were good and there hasn't a single peaches with rotten parts of it. If these peaches would have been sold in my town, you could earn a lot of silver coins.

The place itself is completely dark when I first arrived here especially the small shrine. Maybe farther away there's trees of peaches in time of blooming.

I yawned and my eyes were heavy, I spent the rest of hours in the night laying and my eyes wide awake thinking of unnecessary thoughts.

As we went in, I and Uraume greeted Old man Mako together as Old man Mako was smoking tobacco sitting on a big chopped wooden log. Old man Mako was shocked also at my messy appearance.

I should tell Uraume about it, how I badly needed to go home.

"Uraume I need to tell-"

"Goodness young lady, did you sleep well last night?!" The Old man Mako said with a bug-eyed look "You don't have to worry Old man Mako! I'm completely fine." I give Old man Mako a convincing answer, he gives a hard gaze. He's not convinced at all.

Natsume entered the scene and served him a cup of tea. She was surprised by my miserable messy appearance and went completely silent about it, probably she can't believe the poison she put on the tea last night didn't give any effect.

Uraume recommended that I should spend my day having a good rest so that I won't look too horrible, but I instantly insisted but based on my actions it was proof that I needed to rest.

I decided to sleep somewhere, somewhere greener and comfortable to take a rest. Come to think of it where is he?

I didn't see him for the rest of the hours, where did he go? I shrugged off the thought and didn't mind him. I found a perfect spot, it was a five-minute walk.

Back in the forest, it was completely dark and eerie, but I think it's the mask to avoid people going in here. Could it be part of Old man Mako's techniques?

Because on the inside of it, it was livelier and the environment hits different. I sat and inhaled the fresh air "This is the perfect place to have a good rest!" I chirped.

"No rude-ass man, no cups and tea with poison," I added.

I lay comfortably and closed my eyes. 'Maybe I should try again later and talk to Uraume about it again, for now, all I need is rest' I thought.

"What the hell are you doing here brat?" A familiar voice said rudely. I opened my eyes and saw him. Why now? I was supposed to enjoy my rest but all I get now is that annoying rude voice.

"What do you want?" I complained, he scanned me head to toe and I waited for his answer "I never heard of you like since yesterday after you told us to left Old man Mako's room." I added and second after I yawned.