𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐈

"Aren't you excited for tonight's event my lady?" The maid servant asked me while combing my hair gently "Maybe... " I replied, i feel overwhelmed, I've never been nervous to any events before but this one makes my stomach knot tightly. Since lord sugawara's birth celebration is considered to be one of the biggest event in the city, i would be really expecting to see meiko and that lewd man along the way. It will be a crowded place, so it'll be easy to avoid them and mixed in.

As i glanced at the finished piecework i made yesterday, i was excited to gave it to him. It was a ring shape rock with patterns in it, i kept wondering what he was making. He was really confident on his so called "artistic skills" his confidence made me sometimes doubt about it. In every serious moments, i would just laugh out suddenly at a sudden thought about him. A thought about him struggling is somehow amusing with the look of frustration from his face.

"You seem to be happy my lady." The maidservant smiled again, while putting some hair combs and pins into my hair. I slightly winced and she still continues doing so, i feel my neck that it's going to crack it's bones on how much pull she have to, in order to create some style in my head with hair accessories. I slightly turned my head on the other direction to see the twelve layered robe prepared. It's going to be difficult moving around with a heavy wear, with a heavy accessory on my head.

I feel pressure at the thought, making my first public appearance at the birth celebration. Some scholars under working for lord sugawara gave me some records and parchment regarding some problems about the government. After my recovery, lord sugawara helped me, with his powerful influence in the society and since he has an important role at the imperial court, i become a family head under my family's name. There wasn't a single member on my clan left except me and my aunt.

"Lady Y/n, please wear this hair stick, this is the gift given by lord sugawara for your first public appearance at every nobleman and noblewoman.He wants you to look more presentable." As lord sugawara's secretary, Kuma,  handed me the hair stick, there's a cherry blossoms in it along with gems attached on it.

"Did he base on the meaning of my family's name?" I passed the hair stick to the maidservant and she gently attached it on my hair.

"Maybe, since it's your first public appearance. Representing yourself with your family's name." The secretary chuckled.

"Why did he gave me a gift? It's not even my special day, it's just a first public appearance. I should be the one who should give some gift for lord sugawara." I sighed.

"Your presence is already enough for lord sugawara my lady." He warmly smile, and i gaped ".... I'll thank him personally, thank you for delivering the gift." I told, he bowed and soon left with hurry.

After putting up some makeup, the maidservant helped me putting on the twelve layered kimono. It was too overbearing, i feel like any in a minute, i am going to fall down on my knees. When she finished, her jaw-dropped as if she saw something like she never seen before.

"My lady! Y-y-you look so- !" She stammered, her eyes glinted with awe and admiration. I gestured dramatically and smiled.

"I know, i am the example of phenomenal." I boldly smile and she nod quickly. "He would never take off his eyes on you my lady, i am sure of it!" She exclaimed and i laughed. As i finished preparing, i decided to take a cup of tea to soothe down my nerves. What happens tonight will flow like a river, i'll make sure to keep them away from the other jujutsu sorcerers. I don't want to lose them, not in the hands by those ignorant people.

As the sun sets, i could hear loud drums and gongs. There were torches displayed outside, people are entering the gates of the gojou residence. Most of them were nobles, famous artisans, politicians, and people who worked in the imperial court.