𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

Uraume left the room and I was alone, I take a look at my necklace and admired how it was made. I smiled happily and went out 'How's Natsume doing?' I pondered.

'Did the confession went well?'

I shrugged off the thought and decided to take a stroll in the forest, I was pretty surprised that there are no cursed spirits to be seen in a place like this. I wonder what kind of sorcerer Old man Mako is.

As I stroll by I came to see a person crying next to the tree, as I take a closer look. It was Natsume, I quickly approached her and ask what is going on.

"How did it went?" I asked in concern and she sobbed, a mouth appeared on her back and Natsume feed it with peaches while sobbing. Natsume glanced at me and she continued sobbing.

I carefully patted her back making sure that the tongue on its back won't reach my hand while patting her "He doesn't feel the same way about me, he only sees me as the one who always serves Master Mako." She sobbed.

That moron, can he just be more considerate to her feelings? "You deserved someone better." I said and she shakes her head "No! Even If I did, I can't live with them longer."

I frowned at her reply and realized that she's a cursed spirit and cursed spirits can live longer than humans, it's impossible to live together with them. Its only ends with pain and suffering, I feel saddened and continue to pat her shoulder. As the sun set, she stopped crying and we decided to go back to the house and start making some dinner. We prepared some delicious dishes and I find myself drooling when I smell the dishes serving on the plate.

Uraume planned to cook a lot of side dishes along with its main dishes for Sukuna. While we are helping Uraume wanted it to be perfect so that Sukuna can enjoy it.

"Master Sukuna loves eating, please would you mind prepare the Sake too?" Uraume ordered and I did so, I went to get some and I was confused about which kind of bottle should I pick.

I randomly pick a bottle and put it along on the tray and so Natsume served it on the big dining table, I intend not to worry about the Sake and continued helping making some dishes.

It took almost half an hour to finish it, and Uraume wiped the sweats running down on the forehead "That will do." He sighed in relief. After serving the dishes, Natsume refused to went to call for them, she's trying to avoid Sukuna after the rejection.

I volunteered and went to call for them, I went to Old man Mako's room first and called out for him because its time for dinner. "Ah, it's time for dinner and Uraume cooked the dishes. This night will be heaven." Old man Mako sang and he walked to the dining room, I sighed and lookout to find where's his room was.

It already took me five minutes, Alas! I found the last room, as I opened the shoji.

"Sukuna, It's time fo-" As I called my mouth dropped off what I saw, Sukuna was completely half-naked and he was holding a bottle of Sake and his expression was pretty annoyed "I apologize for such disturbances." I apologized and quickly shut the shoji.

I sprinted through the hallway and someone grabbed my back "Where do you think you're going brat?" I was stunned and looked back, it's him grabbing the back of my kimono "I-I was trying to call for you so that we can feast together." I looked down at the floor trying not to look at his bare chest.

Does he like showing off his bare chest? "Are you talking to the floor?" He joked "No! You keep showing your bare chest and I-it's uncomfortable." I stammered "You never seen a man half naked?" He raised his brow.

"Let's go, dinner is waiting" I avoided his question and went to the dining hall.

As we sat on the floor and dishes were on the table we bowed our heads as we hold the chopsticks "Let's dig in!" We all said in unison except for Sukuna.

As I take a bite of one of Uraume's cooked dishes, My eyes sparkled with delight "Uraume! This is good, I never tasted a dish like this before!" I chimed as I took a lot of bites "You see, whenever Uraume and Sukuna come to visit here. They always cook some dishes that make our stomach achieved the level of heavens." Old man Mako laughed.

Uraume smiled with embarrassment and Sukuna grunted, As Sukuna took a sip on the bottle. His eyes widened and tried to spit out he drank "Oi, Sukuna don't try to spit on the food." Old man Mako warned.

Sukuna didn't spit it, and we sighed with relief. My eyes scanned the bottle and I was shocked it was the bottle that I just randomly picked at the other room "Uraume what the hell is this?" Sukuna complained.

"Master Sukun-"

"Hey! Don't blame Uraume, I picked the bottle." I talked back "Well brat, the bottle you picked isn't a Sake it's a herbal medicine drink." He fumed. My bad...

"Uraume, I deeply apologize."

"It's fine." Uraume gives a reassuring smile. Why do I feel it's not fine at all, after that we finished eating and Natsume didn't talk to us. After she accompanied Old man Mako to his room she quietly went to her room, and I was really worried about it and decided not to come after her. She needs space.

"I'll handle all the things here Uraume, you should get some rest!" I said, "But there's a lot of it, I don't think you can finish it quickly." Uraume worried and shake my head and give Uraume a reassuring pat on the back.

I first cleaned the table and collected the plates and start washing the dishes, I never done washing plates before. I spent my day mostly sitting and reading, well of course some elders inside of the family called out for me and keep giving me some harsh training.

It was hellish training, they want to sharpen my skills more and more and make things quickly so that they can easily push me and be the next leader of the clan.

Later on, I finished washing and put the plates on the belongings, I decided to walk outside on a cold night.

'Spring is gonna end and Summer is coming I thought.

As I walk, I came up upon seeing a big tree and there was him. He was sitting in the branches and comfortably relaxing, I feel distressed if I stay longer. Maybe I should go back to the room and sleep.

"Brat, are you gonna leave?" He asked, "Obviously, If I'm gonna stay for a while you might keep throwing harsh words again." I broadly said.

"I need an accompany for a while since Uraume took a rest."

I quirked my brow and I was surprised that I saw another side of him of being like this."You know how badly you hurt Natsume after she confessed her feelings for you." I sat on the ground.

"I'm not interested in women." He simply answered, "Then are you interested in your same gender?" I joked "No, to be simple. I don't like her, It's better to be truthful and learn to accept it."

"But she's beautiful and elegant, and also the type of 'women with etiquette.'"

"Even she is, I DON'T care."

I looked down on the ground and didn't say anything, did he have a past lover? What made him become and hated women so much?

"Then, have you ever felt love before?"

I widened my eyes and covered my mouth, I shouldn't have asked that. Stupid!

"No, and I have no intention to felt such petty emotions."

"Hey 'love' is the best feeling you'll ever feel when it's the right person!" I argued and he rolled his eyes. I never felt the same thing, even arranged marriage will not gonna help anything.

"Everyone said: It's an unexplainable feeling but once you felt it you learn to understand the meaning of it!" I added.

He jumped right at me and stare at me with a boring look.

"Then if you're the right person will you give me the feeling that I simply cannot get rid of?"

He left me speechless and soon left, leaving me alone in the cold night of spring.

End of Chapter 14