{ Chapter 34 }

Cora's POV

Once the battle was over, we held funerals for those who didn't make it. It was hard standing there in front of Otis's casket, knowing I had just lost my best friend. I tried my best not to cry but, how could I not? He was my first friend at Hogwarts. He was so young, so brave and he had his whole life ahead of him. I met his parents for the first time. They were a lovely couple and thanked me so many times for befriended him as they were worried he wouldn't make friends due to him being a muggleborn. They even let me keep a photo of him to remember him by and promised we would always keep in touch.

A few weeks later, we were back at the Burrow. Molly and Arthur decided to host a party to celebrate the end of the war and also, to cheer us up. Molly had made an amazing feast and Arthur put up decorations in the back garden. The sun was shining so it was a really warm day.

I was in Ginny and I's room, deciding on what to wear when there was a knock on the door. I turned round and Harry walked in. He smiled at me.

"You ok?" He asked me.

I nodded.

"Yeah...I'm just glad it's all over."

Me too..." he says.

He then straightens himself and poses in the suit he was wearing.

"How do I look?" He asked.

I giggle.

"You look handsome." I replied. "When did you get that anyway? I've never seen you wear it before."

He smiles.

"It was dads..."

I looked at him.

"That was dad's?" I asked.

He nods.

"Sirius borrowed it from Dad one time to wear at one of his friends wedding...he never got the chance to give it back so, he kept it...for me..."

I smile and nod.

"That's nice of him."

"He also kept something for you." Harry says, quickly leaving the room before returning with a box.

He hands it to me and I place it on the bed and open it. I gasped when I saw what it was.

A white dress that had sequins on it. I lift it out the box and admired it.

"It's beautiful..." I whispered.

Harry smiles.

"It was Mum's...."

I tear up and sit on the bed whilst holding the dress in my lap. Harry walks over and sits beside me.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

I shrug my shoulders.

"Why can't I remember then, Harry?" I asked as a tear rolled down my cheek. "I don't even remember their voices..."

Harry wraps his arm around me and pulls me into his chest.

"You were so young, Cora. You wasn't even one." He says.

"Still. You remember them." I say.

"Only a little bit. Plus, you have photos of them." Harry says.

"It's not the same..." I whisper.

Harry kisses my head and wipes away my tears.

"Come on. Put the dress on...I want to see what you look like."