{ Chapter 8 }

Ever since that dreadful day, Professor Dumbledore decided it'd be best if I was separated from the rest of the school for a while. This meant I couldn't attend my normal classes, I couldn't attend meals in the Great Hall with the rest of the students and I couldn't hang out with my friends during breaks. This upset me a lot, considering I adored my friends, but I knew Dumbledore was trying to help me out. I was sent to his office the day of the incident, and he spoke about letting me take private lessons with one of the professors. He even let me decide which professor I wanted. I instantly mentioned Professor Lupin and Dumbledore gave me a small smile and nodded and insured that Lupin would be chosen. Lupin agreed which made me happy and all my books were transported to his office.

It's been a week since then and I'm quite enjoying it. I would work in his office which is where the stairs lead in his classroom. If Professor Lupin had a class that day, he'd set me some work and go out and teach the class and check on me every so often. If he didn't have class, he would sit with me in his office and mark the students work. He'd even bring snacks for us to eat whilst we worked which made it even better. I was still allowed to sleep in my dormitory so I still had slight contact with my house. Fortunately, my house didn't see or treated me like a monster unlike the other houses. They took care of Newt for me whilst I was away.

One day, he didn't have class so he sat at his desk which was a few feet away from mine, marking work. I had just finished some Herbology work so I leant back on my chair slightly and looked around the room. It was quite messy. Shelves stacked with books and paper was scattered across desktops. But, it was quite cosy. He always had his fireplace lit which kept us warm throughout the day. I stretched and placed my head in my hands. I hear Lupin chuckle.

"Tired?" He asked.

I smile and nodded, lifting my head up to look at him.

"A little."

He smiles and stops writing and looks at his watch.

"We can go get dinner in five minutes."

I nod. I then see him fiddling with his hands.

"Cora...about last week...was that the first time it's happened?" He asked me.

I swallowed nervously and shook my head.

"No...it's happened before..." I say.

He nods.

"At home?"

I nodded my head.

"But I could control them at home. My mum taught me how to because she has the same powers as me. So she taught me how to keep it under control. But...I guess it got the best of me this time."

Lupin nodded.

"What do you think caused it this time?" He asked.

I shrug my shoulders.

"I don't know. I panicked...I didn't know what to do. I always had my mum there to talk me through it, but...she wasn't there this time." I felt a tear escape from my eye.

Lupin grabs a handkerchief from his pocket and stands up and walks over to me. He hands me it.

"Here." He says.

I thanked him and took it and wiped the tear away.

"I'm sure Dumbledore will find someone to help you control your powers." He says.

"But I don't want anyone else..." I say. "I want my mum..."

More tears ran down my face. Lupin wraps his arms around me and pulls me to his chest.