{ Chapter 9 }

That gif is so BLOODY sad 😫😭

Remus's POV

Today was the day Cora's parents were visiting Hogwarts. I hate calling them her 'parents'. I don't hate them but it still breaks my heart knowing it should be Lily and James that had that title in her life. I hated that she was growing up without them. Growing up without her real family around her. But I guess she is lucky that Harry is in her life at the moment, and so was I, but she doesn't know the truth about me, so it was still a blindsight to her.

Cora and I had just finished breakfast and was currently on our way to Dumbledore's office. Cora thought that he was just going to have a daily check up with her, but in fact her parents were waiting there to surprise her. We went pass the gargoyle that guarded his office and I knocked on the door.

"Come in." We hear Dumbledore say.

I open the door and we walked in. Dumbledore was stood at his desk whilst a couple stood in front of it. I stepped aside so Cora could see. The couple then turned and Cora gasped.

"Mum! Dad!" She says and runs up to them.

They both bent down and wrapped them arms around their daughter. I smile as I watched them.

"What are you doing here?" Cora asked, pulling away from them.

Her mother smiles.

"We're here to visit you, silly."

Cora smiles and they stand up. Her father looked at her.

"Have you grown?" He asked her and stood beside her and measured where on his body she was up to. "I could've sworn you was up to my hip, now you're above my hip."

Cora giggles and shakes her head.

"I haven't grown an inch, dad." She says. "It's probably just your big boots!"

He chuckles and gently ruffles her hair. She slaps at his hands away. Dumbledore chuckles.

"Well, I'm glad to have you both here. Cora, why don't you show your parents around the school?" He says.

Cora nods and takes her parents hands in hers. She walks over and stops at me.

"This is Professor Lupin! He's the one that has been taking care of me." Cora says.

I saw her parents eyes widen a little before we shook hands.

"It's nice to meet you." Her mother says. "I'm Scarlett and this is my husband Paul."

"Great to meet you both too." I say.

They leave and I turn to Dumbledore who smiles at me.

"Do you recognise them?" He asked me.

I nodded.

"Yeah. They were both a few years younger than me. They were in Ravenclaw."

Dumbledore nods.

"They were great students. I kept in touch with them when they left so I knew about their lifestyle, so when it came to rehoming Cora, I knew they would be perfect for her." He says.

I nod. He watches me and tilts his head slightly.

"I think you should tell Cora the truth..."

I look up at him.

"Really?" I ask.

He nods.