Secret

Remus's POV

"You've been quiet for too long now, Remus..."

"Why didn't you say anything?"

"I know your secret..."

"Can't keep it hidden forever..."

My eyes shot open in a panic and my heart raced against my chest. I manage to calm down and looked around the dark room. My eyes landed on the alarm clock that sat beside my bed.

6:00am

I sighed to myself and slowly sat up and rubbed my face. I looked to the side of me and saw Tonks still sleeping soundly. I swallowed and carefully got out of bed, not wanting to wake Tonks. I stretched and made my way downstairs where I poured myself a hot cup of tea. I went into the living room and sat down on the couch and stared at the wall. After a while, I heard footsteps upstairs and a few seconds later, Tonks peeps her head into the room.

"Morning darling..." she says in her sleepy voice.

I look at her and smile a little.

"Morning love. There's a cup of tea waiting for you in the kitchen."

She smiles.

"Thank you."

She leaves the room and I finish my drink and stand up and walk into the living room where Tonks was boiling the kettle.

"I'm gonna go visit Cora today to see how she is." I say.

She looks at me and nods.

"Alright. I have to nip out and do some shopping anyway."

I nod and place my cup in the sink.

"Are you ok by the way?" I hear her ask.

I turn to her.

"Why do you ask that?"

She shrugs her shoulders.

"I woke up during the night and you was mumbling in your sleep and twitching a little, like you was having a nightmare or something."

I swallowed and shook my head.

"I-I wasn't having a nightmare. I'm fine."

She looks at me like she didn't believe me but nodded.

"Ok."

She kisses my cheek and leaves the room.

Later that morning, I made my way towards Cora's front door and knocked slightly. A few seconds later, the door opened and Cora stood there, holding a sleeping Emery in her arms. She smiles when she sees me.

"Remus, hi. What are you doing here?"

I chuckle.

"Came to see you of course."

She smiles and stands aside and I walk in. She shuts the door and we walk into the living room.

"Is Fred at work?" I asked.

Cora nods.

"Yeah. He had to be in early."

I nod.

"How have you been?"

She smiles.

"Good. A little tired, but I'm ok."

I chuckle.

"And what about this little munchkin?"

I gently stroke Emery's cheek.