{Chapter 18}

Cora's POV

I was currently walking through the halls of Hogwarts on my way to my common room after helping Hagrid out with his creatures. I almost became like a little assistant to Hagrid since I've always found his creatures fascinating. After a few meetings with Dumbledore, Hagrid said I could come and help him sometimes after classes which made me very happy. So, every few days, I'd pop down to his hut and see if he needed any help with feeding or tending to his animals.
I was walking through a long hallway when I hear quiet sobs coming from round the corner. I tip toad towards the end of the hall and peered my head round the wall.

It was Draco.

He was leaning against the windowsill with his hands with his head bowed. I'd never seen Draco cry before. He never cries. I didn't know what to do. I just stood there watching him. What could've made him so upset?
I decided to build up my courage and go over to him to see what was wrong. Yeah, he may of bullied me but my mind cast back to that day when he stood up to Crabbe and Goyle which I still don't understand why he did what he did.
I took a deep breath and slowly walked over to him.

"Draco?"

He quickly lift his head and looks at me. He wipes his tears and smiles slightly at me.

"Hi..."

I tilt my head slightly.

"Are you ok?" I ask.

He immediately nodded his head. 

"Yeah...yeah, I'm fine. Just...just family problems..."

I nod my head.

"Ok, well...I'm here if you need to talk."

He smiles again and nods.

"Thanks..."

He straightens himself up and quickly walks past me and out of sight. I furrowed my eyebrows. Family problems?

I then hear my name being called from the other end of the hallway. I looked and saw Harry, Ron and Hermione.

"What was Malfoy doing to you?" Harry says with a low stern in his voice. "Did he hurt you?"

"No, no." I say. "He was upset so I asked him if he was alright."

"Hold on...Malfoy...upset?" Ron questions.

"It's not like Malfoy to be upset." Hermione says.

I shrug my shoulders.

"He just said it was family problems."

Ron scoffs.

"What sort of family problems should he have? He has one of the most powerful families in the Wizarding world."

Harry shakes his head.

"Come on. Let's just leave it."

We all made our way to the Gryffindor Common Room where we split up. I went over to my friends and we chatted about homework.

That night, I was awoken to Hermione whispering my name. I groan and rub my eyes.

"Hermione?"

"Shhh." She says. "Come on, we have to go to Dumbledore's Office. I'll explain on the way there. Just shove some clothes on and pack some of your things."

I didn't ask questions. I quietly got dressed and packed a few things into my suitcase. She takes my hand and we made our way through the dark halls.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Harry woke up from a nightmare. He said he saw Sirius being attacked by something. Ron freaked out and called for McGonagall and they took him to Dumbledore. They found out it wasn't a dream but a vision. Sirius has been injured and is currently missing so Dumbledore wants you and Harry to go Grimmauld Place because it's not safe for you to be here right now."