{ Chapter 3 }

On the morning of her 11th birthday, Cora was awoken to Scarlett and Paul singing Happy Birthday as they walk into her room. Cora smiles and sits up and hugs them both.

"Thank you!" She says.

"Happy Birthday, baby." Scarlett says.

"Can't believe you're 11! Time does go fast!" Paul says, chuckling.

The family go downstairs, into the living room where presents are laid out on the floor, along with a few birthday cards. Cora runs over and starts opening her cards. A few were from close family and friends. She then starts opening her presents. She was astonished to see that some of the presents were books that revolved around magic spells and potion making. She dismisses it and continues opening the rest of her presents. When she was finished, she walks over to her parents and hugs them.

"Thank you! I love everything that you got me!" She says.

Scarlett smiles and kisses her cheek.

"You're welcome, baby."

"It's not everyday your little girl turns 11 now is it?" Paul says. "Although, we do have one more thing for you."

The pair sit Cora down on the couch and Paul hands her a letter. Cora looks at the letter and reads the writing that was written on the envelope.

Miss C. Potter
8 Forrest Lane
Woodsville
Surrey

She looks at the envelope and tries to think who this last letter was from. Maybe it was from Harry? She hadn't received his letter yet. She quickly opens it and starts reading it.

Dear Miss Potter,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Students shall be required to report to the Chamber of Reception upon arrival, the dates for which shall be duly advised.

Please ensure that the utmost attention be made to the list of requirements attached herewith.

We very much look forward to receiving you as part of the new generation of Hogwarts' heritage.

Yours sincerely,

M. McGonagall

Cora gasp and looks at her parents who both have a huge grin on their faces.

"I'm..I'm going to Hogwarts?!" She says.

Paul chuckles.

"Of course you're are! Didn't we always tell you that once you turn 11 you'd be attending?"

Cora giggles and nods.

"Yeah! I just thought I wouldn't be accepted." She says.

Scarlett walks over to her and smiles.

"Of course you'd be accepted! You're a witch! That's where all the witches and wizards go."

"And guess what? You'll be with Harry." Paul adds in.

Cora's smile grew. She never got to see Harry often. Thinking of spending an entire year with him excited her. She then turned her attention to the books that she had gotten.

"So I'm guessing the books were clues? I just didn't notice." She says laughing.

Scarlett laughs with her and nods.

"I guess so!"

"Well, come on then. The term starts in a few weeks! We better go and get your school supplies!" Paul says, taking the letter from Cora's hands to read the supplies she needed.