{ Chapter 21 }

Cora's POV

It was finally the summer holidays. I recently started living with the Weasley's after my dad's death since I had nowhere else to go. I knew Remus wanted to take me in, but it was impossible due to his lycanthropy.
I didn't mind though. I enjoyed my time with the Weasley's whenever I visited them, so living with them was exciting for me. I could enjoy Molly's delicious food everyday, spend time with Fred and George, and I got to share a room with Ginny which was fun since we could share secrets and all that. The only thing I hated was that Harry couldn't stay too. I found it unfair how he had to stay with the Dursley's who treat him horribly and I hate thinking about him staying there. But I knew he was tough and would defend himself. I made sure to send him letters to keep in touch with him.

On this particular night, Sirius and Remus came over to visit. As soon as Remus walked through the front door, I realised how terrible he looked. He had bags under his eyes, he was pale, weak and exhausted. My mind started racing. Was he sick? Is he hurt?
Then it struck me.

The full moon was approaching...

Maybe that's why he's staying here for a few nights. The Weasley's practically live out in the middle of nowhere so Remus could transform in secret and hide in the cornfields without anybody seeing him. My heart aches for him. He must be in so much pain.
I see him holding a bag which seemed to weigh his body down a little due to him being weak. I walked over and took the bag from him.

"Oh sweetheart, you don't have to carry it for me." He says.

I shake my head.

"No, it's okay. I'll go place it beside the couch for you."

I took it over into the living room and placed it besides the couch. I then walked back over to him and he holds his arms out to me. I gently wrapped my arms around him and he pulled me to his chest.

"Why are you so tense, darling?" He asked me.

"You look so frail...I'm scared to hug you incase you break." I say, giggling a little.

His chest vibrates as he lets out a chuckle.

"I'm fine, darling. Don't worry about me..."

I smile and we pull apart. I take his hand and pull him over to the couch.

"You rest. I'll go and make you a drink."

He goes to protest but I had already skipped off into the kitchen. I made him a nice cup of got chocolate to help him relax. I brought it over to him and he smiles when he takes a sip.

"You're the best." He says.

I smile and sit beside him and lean my head on his shoulder. Everybody joins and we were all sat in front of the fire.

"So..." Sirius says. "How's school for all of you?"

"Meh. Same thing. Voldemort tries to kill Harry, Harry finds a solution, Harry defeats Voldemort, Harry survives." Ron says.

We all laugh.

"Well, that's lovely Ron." Sirius says. "What about you two boys? Still making pranks?"

Fred and George smirk and George nods.

"Of course. Hogwarts wouldn't be as fun without us, would it Fred?"

"Of course not, George!" Fred replies.

"Ahh, sure reminds me of my days at Hogwarts. Am I right, Remus?" Sirius says, looking over at Remus who rolls his eyes and smiles.

"You two were pranksters?" George asked.

Sirius smirks and straightened himself up.

"Only the best." He says.