~ Expecting ~

Lily's POV

Positive?

Does...does it say positive?

My eyes stared down at the test that laid in front of me. I take a deep breath before picking the test up and bringing it closer to my eyes.

"Positive..." I whisper to myself, letting out a soft laugh. "I'm...I'm pregnant..."

I straightened myself up when I hear the front door open and close. James was back from the shop with Harry.

"Lily, darling?" I hear him shout. "Would you like a cup of tea?"

I clear my throat.

"Yes please!" I reply. "I'll be right down!"

I put the test into my pocket and opened the bathroom door and made my way downstairs where I spot Harry playing with his toys on the floor. He looks at me and squeals, reaching his hands up at me. I giggle and pick him, placing him on my hip. I boop his little nose.

"Hello sweetheart." I say, pecking his cheek.

James walks into the room holding two cups of tea. He places them on the table before turning to me and kissing me gently.

"How are you, my love?" He asks.

I blush and nod.

"I'm ok...but, I do have some news..."

He raises his eyebrow and smirks.

"Oh really?" He asks. "And what would that be?"

I smile and place Harry back down on the floor.

"Close your eyes..." I say to James, who furrows his eyebrows.

"What?"

I roll my eyes and smile.

"Just...close your eyes."

He groans and shuts his eyes. I take the test out of my pocket.

"Open your hands." I say to James.

He slowly holds out his hands and I place the test in them.

"Keep your eyes shut, just feel around with your fingers." I say.

I watch as he starts feeling the rest. I see him bite his lip as he concentrated on figuring out what it could be. He goes to lift it up to his face and I was too late to stop him from smelling it.

"Ew James, don't smell it!" I say, laughing.

He pulls a weird face and chuckles.

"Why does it smell like pee?" He asked.

I smile and stayed silent and watch as his face drops.

"Wait, is this what I think it is?" He asks.

He opens his eyes and looked down and sees the test. He gasp and looks at me with wide eyes.

"Y-You're pregnant?!"

I bite my lip and nod. He breaks out into a big smile and picks me up and spins me around.

"Oh my god, Lily!" He exclaims. "We're having another baby!"

He stops spinning me and kisses all over my face.

"When did you find out?" He asks me.

"A few minutes ago." I reply. "I took it whilst you was at the shops."

He giggles like a little child and claps his hands.

"I can't believe this! Oh my god, we have to tell Sirius and Remus! They need to know another Potter is on the way!"