{ Chapter 10 }

THIS IS ONE HELLA LONG AND HEART STOPPING BLOOOOODYYY CHAPTER! SO HOLD ON TO YOUR ASSES!!!

Popcorn and drinks waiting at the entrance of the book.
Enjoy!

Cora's POV

I avoided Professor Lupin like the plague for the rest of the Christmas Holidays. I would constantly be looking over my shoulder, peaking round corners and looking around rooms before I entered them. I would only see him in the Great Hall and I would see him looking at me out the corner of my eye. I never looked back at him though. I would always manage to disappear before he had the chance to walk up to me.
It's not that I hated him. I just suddenly felt weird around him. Like, he was no longer like a friend to me. He was almost like my enemy but I had no resentment towards him.
I didn't tell Harry the night I found out. He was already going through so much that I didn't want to put even more family problems onto him. I know it's stupid. He's my brother and it's a family issue, but I just didn't have the guts to tell him. I didn't mention it to any of my friends, though they did pick up that something was wrong with me. I just told them that I was homesick, which they believed since my parents recently went back home. But, a new term was around the corner, and I knew I had to face Professor Lupin in his lessons whether I liked it or not, and I don't fancy getting into trouble for not attending his lessons and risk having house points taken away. I knew I had to be brave and go with it. So, I did.

This went on for weeks and weeks. I would attend Professor Lupin's class, do the work and leave. I never made eye contact with him throughout the class and I didn't answer any of his questions. I could tell he knew something was up with me, but he never asked. That didn't bother me. I didn't want to talk to him.

Today was like any other days. I had DADS last and it was also a Friday and I was excited for the weekend. It was nearing the end of the lesson and I had completed the work for the lesson when the bell chimed from outside.

"Thank you everyone for today. Enjoy your weekend." Professor Lupin says.

Everyone got out of their seats and started heading for the door, which I was about to do, until...

"Miss Potter? Could you stay behind for a moment, please?"

My stomach dropped when I heard this and I had to stop myself from rolling my eyes since I was annoyed. I stood still whilst everyone, including my friends left the room. I heard of paper being shuffled and somebody clearing their throat. I turned round and Professor Lupin was standing behind his desk looking at me. I stared at the floor.

"Cora, I understand that you're still in shock from what happened at Christmas but...I don't want you to ignore me like you are..." he says.

I shrug my shoulders in response.

"I'm not ignoring you."

He sighs.

"You are, Cora. We always use to talk. You'd come into my class earlier than the rest of the students and help me set up the lesson. You've not done any of that in weeks." He says, shoving his hands into his cardigan pockets.

I didn't say anything.

"I understand that you're upset-"

"I'm not upset" I quickly say. "I'm just annoyed."

Professor Lupin looks at me.

"What are you annoyed at?" He asked.

I scoff.

"Oh I don't know. Maybe at the fact that some killer wants to kill my brother. Or, maybe the fact that Harry and I was separated the night our parents died."