{ Chapter 22 }

Get ready for the feeels...🥺✨

Breathe...

Breathe...

Breathe...

Where am I?

Gotta go...

Breathe Remus...

You're ok,

Just another bad moon,

Pain...the pain...

Just breathe...

Almost there...

Just a little further...

James...

Lily....

Sirius...

Help...

James and Lily woke up to the sound of pounding on their front door. James instantly jumped up and peered out the window.

"Oh god..." is all he said before he rushed downstairs.

Lily suddenly had a bad feeling in her gut and quickly wrapped her dressing gown around her before running after him. Once James got downstairs, he unlocked the door and flew it open. His eyes fell on to the pale and weak Remus who leans on the wall beside him for support.

"Jesus, Remus...come on in and sit down." James says, gently taking his friends arm and leading him into the living room and sat him down on the couch.

Lily rushes into the kitchen to grab a cup of water and painkillers. She also grabbed a blanket that was sitting on the couch as she walked into the room. She put the blanket on Remus's shoulder and handed him the painkillers and water which he drank down immediately. James rubs his back.

"Rough night?" He asked.

Remus nods.

"I...I must've took my anger out on myself again..."

James sighs and stands up and starts a fire in the fireplace. He looks at the time.

6:00am

"Sorry for waking you both...I didn't know where else to go." Remus says.

"Don't be silly!" Lily says. "You know you're always welcome here."

She kisses his cheek and he smiles.

"Thanks, Lil.." he says.

"Are you hungry?" She asked.

Remus nods.

"A little."

"I'll go make us some breakfast." Lily days, as she stands up and walks into the kitchen.

As the morning progressed, Remus felt more relaxed and calm. Lily managed to clean up Remus's fresh wounds and wrap them up to keep them clean. By this point, Sirius had come round to take care of Harry who was awake and having his breakfast in his high chair. The baby monitor that was attached to Cora's room made a noise and soon Cora's whines were heard. Lily was busy feeding Harry so James went upstairs to grab her. When he returned, a sleepy Cora was in his arms, with a pacifier in her mouth and holding her blanket to her face along with her stuffed wolf, Moony. She hadn't seen Remus who was sitting on the couch since she was half awake, so James sat her on his lap and kissed her cheek. Remus watched as Cora's eyes scanned the room before landing on him. Her eyes widen and she spits out her pacifier before reaching her arms out to him.