{ Chapter 27 }

Cora's POV

I sat in front of my parents graves. Snow had began to fall so I brushed the snow of the grave so I could see their names. I placed my stuff beside me and looked at the grave.

"I miss you guys...so much. Life isn't the same without you. It's been so hard...and I'm grateful that I still have everyone else, but...sometimes I wish that you were here with me."

I sigh.

"Remus...last night, he asked me if he and Tonks could adopt me. I said they could since...they've been like parents to me these last couple of months. And I may of slipped out the word "dad" to Remus a couple of times. He didn't mind. He admitted he liked it. You guys won't be mad will you? If they do adopt me. That's why I came to you...to make sure it'll be ok with you both. Even if it is...I'm scared. What if I lose them? I mean, I've already lost my birth parents, then you and what if...I-I can't go through loosing anybody else. Especially not Remus...I love him so much..."

Tears began to blur my vision and I quietly start crying.

"Please let me know that you're here...please..."

Remus's POV

Sirius and I had just returned from outside after searching for Cora everywhere. We walked into the Burrow to see everybody there. They quickly lifted their heads up towards us, expecting Cora to be with us.

"We couldn't find her." Sirius says.

Everybody shakes their heads.

"She must be somewhere." Molly says. "She must've left in the middle of the night."

"Have you tried her friend Holly?" I asked Harry.

He nods.

"Yeah. She hasn't seen her."

I nod and ran my hands through my hair.

"Where would Cora go?" Sirius asked. "She must've been upset about something."

My mind then cast back to last nights conversation. I sigh and rub my face.

"It's me...I'm the reason why she left."

"What?" Sirius says.

"Last night, I-I had a conversation with Cora. I told her the surprise...about Tonks and I adopting her." I say.

"Did she not take it well?" Harry asked.

I shook my head.

"No, she took it fine. She said yes."

"Then why would she of left?" Molly asks.

"Do you think it got to her?" Sirius asked. "The whole thought of you and Tonks adopting her? She might be scared incase you end up like Paul and Scarlett..."

I swallow.

"Maybe..."

The room was silent for a while. 

"I know where she is!" Harry blurts out.

We all looked at him.

"Where?" I asked.

"Whenever Cora is upset, she always went to either Paul or Scarlett. But now that they've passed, the only place she can be close to them is their graves. That's where Cora could be." He says.

I look at Sirius and he nods.

"Come on. We better go." He says.

Cora's POV

I cry as I place my hand on the grave.