{ Chapter 23 }

Cora's POV

"So, who you going to the ball with?" Holly asked my from across the table as we ate our dinner in the Great Hall.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

She scoffs and rolls her eyes.

"Who's your date to the ball?"

I pulled a puzzled look and shake my head.

"Who said I was going?" I say.

"Oh, come on Cora! You can't miss out on this! The professors have gone through a lot of effort to get this ball going. You must come! It'll be amazing!" She says.

I shrug my shoulders.

"I don't know, Holly." I say. "You know I'm not a big fan of dancing."

"You don't have to dance. It's all about having fun with your friends." She says, trying to reassure me.

I sigh.

"Ok, fine. I'll come."

"Yesss! We need to find you a date!" She says.

"W-what? I didn't say I'd go with someone!" I say in shock.

"Cora...no offence, but your fifteen. You need to start thinking about booysss!" She says, winking at me.

"I don't want to think about booysss." I say. "Especially not now."

"Well, at least try it out." She says.

I scoff.

"And who exactly am I suppose to go with?" I ask.

"Oh I don't know...maybe...Otis?!"

My eyes widen and I look at her.

"W-what...what do you mean?"

"Oh, don't play dumb, Cora. It's obvious you've had a thing for him for ages." She says.

I look down at my plate. She reaches over and grabs my hand.

"It won't hurt to ask him you know? It's just for one night..." she says.

I sigh.

"Ok, ok. I'll ask him."

Holly squeals and claps her hands in excitement.

"Well, you better hurry up. The balls tonight. How about we go into Hogsmeade and buy you a dress?"

"A dress, really?" I ask.

"Of course, silly! You can't go to a ball with no dress! You have to look like a princess!" She says.

I sigh and I agree to it.
That afternoon, we walked (more like Holly DRAGGED me to Hogsmeade).

"We need to find the prettiest dress ever!" Holly says as we walk into a dress store and she immediately starts looking around.

I sigh and start looking with her. After about 20 minutes, she picks out a dress.

"Oh my! This is gorgeous and it'll totally suit you!"

"Ehhh, I don't know. It's a little short, don't you think?" I say.

"Oh come on, girl...it's not that short." She says.

"Look for a longer dress." I say.

She nods and we continue looking. A while later, I find a dress which I liked. I take it and hold it up so Holly could see. She looks at it and smiles.