Family is Important

Bill's POV

I woke up to the sound of the sea crashing against the shore. I let out a yawn as I look over at the clock.

6:20am

I let out a soft groan and turned over to see Fleur sleeping soundly. I smile to myself and was about to snuggle into her when I heard faint voices. I stayed still and listened to what they were saying.

"Should we get dad?"

"He can help."

"But I don't want to wake him."

I recognised the voices to be my children. I then became concerned as I had a feeling something had happened. So, I quietly got out of bed and shoved on a shirt before making my way down the hallway to find out where the voices were coming from. They were coming from Victoire's room where Victoire and Emery were sleeping, so I had a feeling something had happened with Emery. I gently knocked on the door before opening it to see the kids on Victoire's bed and Victoire had Emery in her lap. I noticed Emery's eyes were red and was sniffing slightly. They all looked at me.

"Everything alright?" I asked.

Victoire let out a sigh.

"We didn't know whether to wake you or not." She says. "Emery had a nightmare..."

My heart sank a little.

"Another?"

They nodded and I made my way over to them and sat at the side of the bed. I reached out and moved Emery's hair from her face.

"You ok, darling?" I asked her.

She whimpers a little and grips onto Victoire's top.

"Let me take her." I said, holding my arms out.

Victoire hands Emery over to me and I held her to my chest and rubbed her back. She snuggles into me and closes her eyes.

"How long have you been up?" I asked them.

"About 30 minutes..." Dominique says.

"Why didn't you wake me up?" I asked.

"We didn't want to bother you...or mum." Victoire says.

I smile a little.

"Please don't feel like you can't wake us up during the night. Especially if it's about Emery. We have to make sure you're all safe, alright?"

They all nodded and I stood up.

"You guys go back to sleep. It's still early."

I then left the room and headed downstairs into the kitchen. I opened the fridge and got the milk out and placed it on the counter. I grabbed Emery's bottle and filled it up with milk. I put the milk back and grabbed my coat before heading out onto the porch and sat on the bench. I wrapped the coat around myself and placed Emery inside my jacket so she was against my chest. I handed her the milk and she takes it and starts drinking. I kissed her head and wrapped my arm around her. I looked out at the sea and took a deep breath.

"What are we gonna do with you, Emery?"

I looked down at her to see her already looking up at me. I smiled and bopped her nose.

"Hm? What we gonna do with you?"

She takes the bottle out of her mouth and lets out a yawn. I chuckle.

"I'm tired too. But there's no point in going back to bed. The sun's rising, look."

I point to where the sun was peeking out from the horizon. Emery looks and we both watch the sunrise.
After a while, I hear the front door open and I looked to see Fleur standing there with a cup of coffee.